Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Odd and Good

My mom remembers the weirdest things. Yesterday she asked me if I had thrown away a lamp shade frame. I said I had. It took a few tries to convince her that it was gone. She was pretty insistent that she had wanted it so that "one day" she might recover it and use it. And since all things are possible, this might have happened. The frame had been sitting on the porch for years - at least 3. And there are two more out there - though those are are still covered...

The Chinese woman didn't call yesterday, so I guess my days as an ESL teacher are over for now. Kinda sad. But it is her loss.

I took another test ride yesterday. Now I can't decide between the Trek 7.2 and the Trek 7.3. My brain will cogitate on it for a while. They are both more expensive than I would like. And there are the accoutrement that I would need - lock, helmet, rack, etc. to add to the price. And being geeky, I wouldn't mind a bike computer of some kind - that will tell me mileage and speed and things like that. I don't think I need a GPS, but...Glarg. Well, I don't need the bike right now, with a trip looming on the horizon. Oh, and a bike car rack of some kind probably. Sigh.

No tennis yesterday, but I did get out and juggle for a while. People often seem surprised that I can juggle. I don't know why. I wonder what percentage of the population can actually do a decent three ball cascade...(Side rant - it is 7:30 in the morning here in Beautiful Geneva NY and the Hobart and William Smith Colleges landscapers are hard at work with power tools! What the heck is that about? Not that I am asleep, but I could be. Goodness gracious, when will it end!!) I started Morgan (the bartender at Eddie O'Brien's for those of you who haven't read all of my blogs - and shame on you - get reading - you aren't getting any younger and you have to catch up!!) on the juggling road. With limes. We shall see if she did any practice. I have decided to take mom there after her doctor's appointment on Wednesday.

Had a lovely time at Beef and Brew - chatted with two visitors from PA, Larry and Amy. Mostly about beer, but a bit about life and such. :) And on the walk home, I met a woman who knew my mom! How weird is that? And my mom remembered her, which is even weirder!

By the way - for newer readers (if there are any - hello? Is this thing on?), the ostensible reason for this blog currently is a picture a day...

Pictures from June 20, 2011:

The third bike I have test ridden - this was a trek 7.2 with a 22" frame.


New clubs from Renegade!


I have always liked the bush in the back of this picture. I don't know what it is, but it is cool!


Huge mutant dandelion! Eeek! Run away!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of getting a folding bike...I want to be able to bring it on the bus or trains.and into places where I shop..I found one that I like, but am still unsure. It is made in Italy and is sooo easy to fold. A great bike, but a little pricey.

Augustus said...

Bikes are expensive, Lisa! If I lived in a more urban area, I would think about a folding bike...