Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Apologies to people with RSS feeds!

As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, I am going to go back through all of my posts and add keywords and labels to them. I know! An exciting project. And one that I am racing to do. Ok, not so much racing. But I had the thought that each post I touch is going to be reposted and updated and that you all, however many there are of you, will get updated RSS feed post things. Mea Culpa. Hopefully, soon, going forward, I will do better about labeling posts as I create them. Probably not, but there is a faint, faint hope that I will...again, sorry!

I have posted a nub page for Diary of a Plate Addict on Facebook. I hope you all can find time to go find it and like it. Ooh, click here to go to the page. But be sure to come back again - or open the page in a new window or new tab...

Lovely day again. Yippee! I did a lot of nothing until it was time to head to the Saucer. I really needed a day of relaxation. Oh, wait, that is what I do most of the time. Anyway, it was welcome.

The Saucer was fun! Eric, Nancy, Kim, Russell, Adam and John all visited. I finished my 19th plate with a Pyramid Apricot (one of my favorite beers). I was supposed to get together with a friend, but she never called, so I went to Pie Bird for dinner without her.

Pie Bird is great. If you can't figure out where to go for food sometime, choose there at least once! I know I will go again. It feels like a cool neighborhood eatery. Everyone was very friendly. I met a brewer/rep from Huske Hardware House in Fayetteville. Teresa, the bartender and my server, was a joy. They serve local beer, and I had an Aviator I hadn't had before. For dinner I had the Antipasti Salad which was intense - lots of different flavors all melded together. Yum! And I had the Curry Chicken Pie. Delicious! I look forward to my next visit. Maybe even next time I am in Raleigh! Being a lazy foodie, I first heard about Pie Bird from another blog - A Tarheel Tastes. If you are interested in food you might want to check out her writing.

I finally got over my crush. Yippee! I deleted her blog feed, defriended her on Facebook and hid any references I could find to her. The sad thing is, she will never know nor care. Phew! I feel better now. On to the next crush! :)

I am writing this late at night/early in the morning for tomorrow/today is a driving day and I don't know when next I will be in front of the computer.

Oh, and by the way, Leslie and I communicated again and I had misspelled her name! Oops! Life is that way sometimes. :)

Pictures from June 28, 2011:


A small part of Nancy and Eric's garden! Go them!


My two hundredth beer on my 19th plate with lovely Kim!


Me about to enjoy my entree at Pie Bird.


Remind me not to celebrate my birthday at Pie Bird unless, like this gentleman, I come prepared!

2 comments:

Chris Telesca said...

Hey - I came to visit as well! :-((

Augustus said...

My apologies, Chris! You did indeed, for which I am grateful!