Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Thought and Guilty Pleasure

Sadly, one of my guilty pleasures has come to an end. For the past few weeks, I have been watching a British series about Robin Hood. Fun stuff. Reminded me a bit of Xena and Hercules. There were three seasons and they were mostly enjoyable. Poop. Guess I have to look around and see what else is available on Net Flix.

My new thought was this - head off a little early to go to Maine and stop in Vermont on the way. I could then visit a few breweries - like Harpoon and Magic Hat to name two. Yippee! I will have to see if I can convince mom to do that. Then again, with the opera, I might not be as free to go. We shall see.

Juggled a bit yesterday. I have decided that I am going to get decent with four clubs. And the flourish. Gives me something to practice without getting bored. I most like passing but it is hard to pass by oneself...

My plan all along had been that last night we would go to the Seneca Falls Parker's for dinner - but at the last minute I decided that we would go to the Red Dove Tavern instead. Good choice! The food was good, the service ok, the beer tasty. I had a stout from Slyfox and a Bock from Naked Dove. Mom and I shared an antipasto board - a bit light on content, but yummy. And we shared mussels with sausage - about a dozen mussels and a sliced up sausage link - also light but yummy. And then a hamburger - which was pretty good - and the thin fries were great! We chatted with Lianne, our server who was very personable. And Abby, the bartender. He wasn't sure where Clown Shoes brewery was - Massachusetts apparently. The cool thing is that he recognized mom! He was once the postmaster at the Colleges post office. She was just tickled that she was recognized!

Today is an errand day. Mom has a doctor's appointment. We need to go to the library and post office (stop the mail). I am also planning on taking mom to Eddie O'Brien's to meet Morgan (and to see if she has done any practice juggling). Still don't know what we are doing for dinner tonight and tomorrow - one night is going to be pasta - I think maybe pizza tonight and pasta tomorrow night...

Not looking forward to the heat in NC. Eeeek!

Pictures from June 21, 2011:


While juggling, this view struck me - so I pictured it!


Me and mom at the Red Dove Tavern. (Mom is on the left in the picture...)

7 comments:

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari said...

I Love your blog... You're Great!!! Fun to document what you're up to. Just goes to show that it's the little everyday things that make life so wonderful!

(((HUGS))) Shari

June 22, 2011 10:07 AM

Chris Telesca said...

Not only is it hot, but it's a bit smokey (lightning-strike down east). Bring down a face mask or respirator.

Augustus said...

Thank you Shari! Welcome and I hope you find it continually interesting!

Augustus said...

Sadly, Chris, I own neither face mask nor respirator. I will have to borrow them from Paul! :) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

The service was only "okay" ?? hmmmmm

Augustus said...

Um, er, did I forget to say the Lianne was amazingly personable and very attentive? :)