Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stats

Maybe I will go back to school to study statistics. Or maybe economics. Ok, probably not the latter. The former though - I have always enjoyed numbers. When I was younger I was good at math and math-like endeavors. Lately, not so much. But I digress. Recently I added Sitemeter to the bottom of the website - I don't know if any of you noticed. It is a way to see what sort of traffic this site is getting. Cool stuff - it captures a bunch of information and is a teeny bit of an obsession with me. I like seeing that people are actually coming to the site. Yippee!

Then yesterday, I noticed that one of the tabs in the blogger window is a "Stats" option. Woo hoo! Who knew that I had visitors from Russia? Or Brazil? Cool. So, now I look at both of them. So, keep on reading, and I will keep looking at the numbers.

Diary of a Plate Addict is back in Heather's capable hands. I went through the book yesterday with a fat toothed comb. Ok, my heart wasn't in it and I just went over the text of every page and caught what I could catch. The next version of the book will be sent to a variety of people who, I hope, will actually take the time to look at it and give me comments - unlike the Saucer people. I am sure something is going on there. Two people said they would give me comments and neither did - this was after none of the managers sent me anything. Sigh. Looks like my dreams of selling oodles of copies were just that - dreams. Without even a tacit acceptance from the Saucer Gods I will be lucky to sell 100 copies. Poop! So much for retiring in style. :)

Yesterday I felt a bit blue. I am wondering if it has something to do with the phases of the moon - a slight letdown after the full moon perhaps? I don't know.

Dinner was pasta with easy Alfredo sauce. Yum! Coming up with dinner ideas night after night after night is exhausting. How do people do it all the time? And for larger families? Mom is really easy going and eats just about anything I put in front of her. What happens when you have a picky eater in the mix? Eeek!

No exciting weekend plans. Just the lull before the long drive to NC and back next weekend.

Pictures from June 17, 2011:


Weeds or flowers - you tell me. Mom says they are flowers - they look like pretty weeds to me...


Working on the book!


Easy Alfredo - again, lots of left overs. Yippee!

4 comments:

Jeffrois said...

Don't know about stats as a career move. They're kind of like holiday photos: fun when they're about yours, otherwise snore-o-rama.

Augustus said...

Good point Jeff! Still trying to come up with a career move, though...

Anonymous said...

Have you considered calling the managers at various Saucers and asking them for specific comments? Sometimes you just can't trust folks to follow up with promised comments unless you follow up with them yourself.

Augustus said...

Good suggestion, Anonymous! I have called them and sent them all emails...not a peep out of them. On the phone, all I got was "looks interesting but I haven't read it all the way through..." Sigh.