Monday, June 27, 2011

Back in NC

For a brief visit, I am back in NC. My first full day was yesterday. And most of it was spent at the Flying Saucer. There were at least 6 plate parties yesterday - parties of people who had completed the task of drinking 200 beers at the Flying Saucer. The Saucer then contributes money to a party, based on how many times the person has completed the task. We had one person celebrating their first plate (Go Russell) and others celebrating various other plate accomplishments - most notably: 19 (for Jack) and 20 (for Teddy). Awesome! And a great time was had by many for not much money on each individual's part. Thank you plate party hosts! Jimmy, glad you are ok! Thank you Flying Saucer! Pictures from the parties will go up on Facebook (for the most part) (someday).

I also went to Best Buy and bought a wireless modem as a house present for my lovely hosts. Setting it up went very easily and now they have entered the 21st century. Wireless in their house! Yippee! Ok, it was a little self serving as I can now work on my computer anywhere in the house. :)

A major blogging goal of mine has been achieved! I was hoping to reach 25 followers by the end of the year. Number twenty-five joined yesterday! Thank you!! I guess my next goal is 50?

One of my readers, who said she is now an ex-reader, told me the reason she stopped reading was because my blog felt like my personal journal. I didn't understand why that would stop her from reading. Part of the reason I write is, of course, for me. To get my thoughts out there - a lot of which happen to be about daily and personal things. And I hope that by putting my blog out there that others will be inspired to think positively about their own lives and to realize, perhaps, that they are not alone in feeling like their lives are meaningful and worth living no matter what!

Oh, I read an article about our future President (well, she hopes to be, anyway) Michelle Buchanan. Makes me feel like the idea of me running for President isn't as far fetched as it would seem.

Today is car day, the reason I came. I hope everything goes smoothly and easily. That would be nifty!

Pictures from June 26, 2011:


I saw this sign outside of Best Buy - I wonder if it was a leftover from when the store was a Toys R Us?


Plate party picture! There will be more posted on Facebook eventually...


The woman in white was 93! I don't think she is working on a plate...


Love me some sky pictures! I think these are Mackerel Scales...

2 comments:

Kim said...

What does car day mean?

Augustus said...

Doing car things - got the oil changed, tires rotated, wiper blade replaced and car NC inspected! Everything went great! Thank you for asking Kim!