Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Not Feeling It

Some days, I just don't feel like writing. Not a lick. Yet, when that happens, I think back to my experiences with The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I suck it up, and write anyway. Now if I could just do the same thing with working on Diary of a Plate Addict. There I am well and truly stuck.

Part of the reason is because I am feeling no love from the Saucer people. And without them, what is the point? The only audience, really, is UFO members and frequenters of the Flying Saucer. And a few diehard Augustus fans. But the latter really only accounts for maybe 50 books. Sigh.

Secondly, I am sick of the darn thing - as no doubt anyone who has been reading this blog for any length of time is as well.

Third, I have a lot of redoing that needs, well, redoing. Some graphics - really only ten or so, but it still seems like an arduous and daunting task (when I know full well that it will only take an hour...).

And I know there is a fourth reason - oh, right, I am worried about the pictures that I have in there. I don't have everyone's (anyone's) written permission to use their images. And I don't know what the heck to do about that...I think that there are more than 300 people's pictures in the book and I don't know if I have the mental energy or the wherewithal to seek them all out and get them to sign permission slips. Sigh.

It was a successful errand day yesterday. Mom went out with me, which is good for her. Every lick of exercise is a good thing. "Exercise" is a word I have frequntly found difficult to spell, for some reason. I think most people have a word or two that cause them problems. But I digress - how unusual. We did some banking and then headed to laundry. Laundry is so painless. There was no one else washing their clothes when we first got there. It went zippily. Next to Wegmans for some light grocery shopping. Anything under $20 is light grocery shopping. Oh, that still life of three items from a while ago -$13. Eeek!

I made omelets for dinner. And the Chinese girl called, but didn't leave a message. And she called earlier than she said she was going to call, so I didn't even see the phone ring. I will call her today. At some point. I don't have a lot of other plans for the day. Yet. Oh, make a bed for Sam and Lewis. Yippee! And work on Diary of a Plate Addict...

Pictures from June 6, 2011:


One of the signs of summer here at the house in Geneva, is changing the glass in the front door to screen!


Juliet gave mom some sheets - we put those on her bed yesterday. Excitement for everyone! :)


And there she is - one of the omelets from last night. It could have used some bacon...

2 comments:

Sam said...

yay bed!

ok I think there was some confusion ... we have arrived in Buffalo ... we plan to be with you all by 6 ish on Friday ... Saturday AM we will go down to Ithaca and come back prbly after dinner Saturday ... and/but Sunday maybe we can go out for brunch? Then we'll leave Sunday early afternoon to find E&B ... that's the current plan, anyway ... will call the house tomorrow ...

Augustus said...

I thought that was the plan - then one of your comments made me confused. Sunday brunch is definitely a possibility. Yippee!