Wednesday, May 1, 2013

50 Followers!!

Wow! Whoopie! Huzzuh even! I have fifty followers of my blog. How awesome is that?! I am very excited. Next stop: 250,000. Or maybe 51. Thank you for choosing to fly the boring skies of Life and Such.

Got the Beatles Book! Yay! I think I am going to look at Taxman first. I am very excited about that as well.

Is incessantly wanting to check your email and phone for texts and messages the same as waiting by the phone was back when I was a teenager? Not that I ever did that. I never had a phone to wait by in my teenage years. I was at Andover from 14 to 18 and we had no phones in our rooms. If you wanted to see someone, you went to their dorm and saw them. Or hid in the bushes near their dorm and hoped to catch a glimpse of them...just kidding. I don't have good stalking techniques - oh, well, come to think of it, my stalking techniques have never been good. I would make a terrible hunter. I think I would be a decent gatherer, though...And yes, it is exactly like waiting by the phone - except that I have two devices that never ring - the computer and the, er, phone.

Maybe it is I who shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen. A friend posted on Facebook that there was early corn at the grocery store. Mom adores corn on the cob, so I got three ears for dinner last night. Dinner consisted of home made shrimp eggrolls, broccoli and corn. I steam my broccoli and corn, generally. Last night was no exception. Except that I forgot to put water in the corn pan. Eeek! We all survived - I think the pan even survived. I will look today - the corn actually got cooked somehow. Just from the heat, I guess. Not quite as good as steamed corn, but beggars (and losers) can't be choosers. 

I did, at one point, plan to get a lot done today - pay bills, move stuff around, etc. But it is looking like that isn't going to happen. Woke up early, futzed around a bit - did my daily challenge etc - then went back to sleep for a while. Suddenly, it is lunch time! And later I go into The Smith for the rest of the day. Sigh. Best laid plans, etc.

No comments: