Friday, May 3, 2013

Not getting mad isn't easy

The title sentence seems a bit double negative-y to me. C'est fromage. It is hard for me, sometimes to not be angry. I know that the anger probably isn't really at mom, but it seems that way.

Yesterday's kerfuffle (love that word) was about mom feeling that she couldn't contact me in an "emergency." Someone was knocking on the door. Turns out it was the postman - who knocked more than once. Of course, mom didn't get out of bed and go downstairs to see who it was or what they wanted. Me, I was in the office/study playing - with headphones on - and didn't hear the knocking. Heck, I probably wouldn't have heard it even if I hadn't had headphones on. Anyway, mom called for me, to tell me that someone was knocking. I don't know how many times she called, but eventually I heard her - through the baby monitor system I have set up for such cases. I went to see what was going on but the postman had left - leaving a note saying mom had a certified letter of some kind that would be at the post office - or they could redeliver it. I plan on heading down there later today and picking it up. The sender's name is listed as B and S. Whatever. Not too excited. Rarely does good news come certified.

Moving on, mom is upset because she cannot reach me in an emergency. Apparently someone knocking on the front door is an emergency. Anyway. I tried logic, I tried repetition, I tried telling her I didn't care, I tired telling her I was almost always available to her - but nothing got through. She was adamant that she couldn't contact me in case of an emergency. Sigh. I got a smidge angry, sadly. Not proud of it, but, it did happen. Poo.

And I vaunt about my ability to communicate. Sigh. Really, though, I do think I am a much better communicator than 90% of the population. And modest too. And humble, let's not forget humble...

I didn't get as much sleep as I would like. Which just means that I most likely will be napping the afternoon. Yay. I do enjoy napping.

No comments: