Friday, May 31, 2013

And now for another epiphany-let

My only big accomplishment for the day was paying bills. Yay. But at least I got most of them paid. I still have a couple that I am doing today. I don't know why paying bills is so traumatic for me. Oh, yes I do. I would rather use any money that we have for fun things - like food, and travel and such. Where would mom and I travel? That is a darn fine question.

I took a walk downtown. The library got in a book that I put on hold. A friend suggested I read Water for Elephants. I have seen the movie and vaguely recall enjoying it. She said the book was, of course, better. And so far, she is right. Anyway, I walked downtown, also went to the Smith Opera House, the bank and to Madia's Market. I figured it was easier to get things there, which was sort of on the way home, than to get home and head back out to Wegman's, or even walk to Wegman's on the way home. Madia's did not have an awesome selection of produce. Not a surprise really - but I did get some brussel sprouts which turned out to be fresh and happy. And corn - which was actually better than the picked over corn I usually end up with from Wegman's. Might just have to swing by there today (Friday) and get more corn when I head out for food shopping.

My epiphany-let isn't really all that earth shattering. When I was getting the rest of the edible chicken separated from the non-edible bits the other day, the chicken was still hot. Not fun on the fingers. Other times, I take the chicken out of the fridge and it is really cold. Also not fun on the fingers. So, here is the epiphany - when I take the chicken out of the fridge a few minutes before I start to work on it, it becomes warm enough that my fingers are not numbed quickly! Yay!

Does anyone think I ought to feel guilty about recycling old New Yorkers and other magazines? And does anyone want mom's old huge electric typewriter? If not, it is getting recycled. You must come and pick it up - I ain't shipping that sucker anywhere!

Drove to Ithaca last night and had a pleasant evening with a nice woman! Yippee! She suggested a new-ish place down there. We sat outside and watched the sun set and the stars rise. It was awesome! (Little in-joke there...)


No comments: