Saturday, May 18, 2013

Work = Stress?

One problem with working is that it can throw a spanner in the works of the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have some work to do at the Smith. Unfortunately it puts the kibosh to some of my plans for today. I had been planning on beginning my winery posts by one last visit to Ravines. And I did also plan to ask Monty's mom to be my Facebook friend. But, I have to work and getting a little wined up before heading into the Smith is not a good idea. Still, I might stop in to tell her I can't stop in. That might be funny.

Working, though, also causes me stress and stress is a heart killer - like fear is the mind killer. If I worked all the time, that would be one thing - I think I would be able to better let the stress of working flow off my back - like the stress "duck" that I am. Because it would be more routine. More practiced. More regular. As it is, my routine gets skewed because of having to work. And the stress makes me less able to deal with mom's current idiosyncrasies. Grrr in many ways.

Yesterday was no exception. The dance recital people are not my favorite group. Not terrible, just not my favorite. I guess what ticked me off most last night was that the schedule for the day was changed after rehearsal had started. And that change wasn't communicated to me. So my "plan" such as it was, didn't come off as I had thought. It came off. I managed to get home, feed mom and get back in a short span of time, but, it was stressfuller than it could have easily been. Sigh. At least today is the end of that particular group at the Smith for the time being. I think tonight might be a latish night getting ready for the graduation tomorrow. Yippee.

Nothing else too exciting happened yesterday because of working. Weird how work sucks the time and life out of a day. One forgets.

From September 2010
And for any of my DC Challenge friends who come looking for the "free hugs" picture - here it is.

No comments: