Monday, May 6, 2013

And even more glasses

I think I am finding as many glasses as I thought I had. At least 100. Yay. They are barely fitting on the dining room table. If I had known and thought ahead I would have put in an extra leaf. But I didn't and I didn't. Not a big deal. In taking them out, I think I have seen at least 20 that I can let go of without thinking. Duplicates and the like - who needs 3 Obama glasses? I certainly don't. Or three Kona glasses - though they are a really nice dark blue. Well, haven't gotten to the letting go bit yet. Though I did have an epiphany-let that I could probably let go of most of the generic glasses pretty easily - the ones that just have a beer company's logo on them and the logo isn't all that exciting.

Lots o' glasses

Meanwhile, excavation of the porch continues. I hope to be able to set it up sometime this week. If worse comes to worst - or whatever that phrase is - I will just move some of the stuff off the porch to make it doable. It is really a two person job, but there is only me.

Part of the issue, I think, is that I am loathe to put boxes in the attic and in the basement. I am slightly concerned that they will go out of sight and out of mind. Right now, I am making the choice to go through some of the boxes, especially since many of them were not packed by me.

I went for another nice walk yesterday. Unfortunately, during the walk I discovered that a woman I was mildly interested in romantically was not apparently similarly inclined. Oh well. C'est fromage. Moving on...

I love little wins - winlets. Don't get me wrong, I love big wins too, but little ones are pretty pleasant. Yesterday, while redistributing a box, I came across a bag with some shower curtain rings. Yay! I was about four short for the shower curtain in the house. Yippee! What are some of those phrases - waste not, want not (the hoarders credo) - good things come to those who wait (rock on procrastinators) - and seek and ye shall find (I bet criminals like this one a lot...). Anyway, the shower curtain is now fully ringed! I will also not need to buy shampoo for a while - I found my stash of liberated shampoos from my days of travel. Years of travel more like. And a brush. Not sure what the brush is for. I don't think it is a hair brush. I am posting a picture. Please tell me what to use this brush for. Or it is going in to the "leave my life" pile. Heck, it might just go there anyway...

This is the brush for which I do not its purpose
This does not mean that I am going to start posting photos again regularly on the blog. I will need to upgrade my computer stuff in some way before that happens. And who knows when that will be possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shoeshine brush.

Augustus said...

Thank you Anonymous!