Monday, May 20, 2013

Working at the Smith

I am now a professional Follow Spot Operator. That being said, I first used a follow spot, hmm, 30 years ago. Maybe a couple more than that. And over the years of doing theatre, I have used a variety of them. But only today have I run a follow spot with a person who actually called the show as they ought to be called. True, it was a little long between his warnings and his "go" message, but we survived. Yay!

I get to go back to the Smith again after dinner for another performance of the show. And then we, Smith workers, get to restore the theatre for whatever will come next. I hope David doesn't keep us there forever, though a few hours wouldn't hurt the bottom line.

Nothing too exciting to report otherwise. I was tempted to whinge, but I will resist the temptation. Aren't you thrilled?

No comments: