Monday, May 13, 2013

Major Purge

Two of the boxes that found their way into the living room were filled with old software and manuals and such. What use is software on floppy discs to anyone? Or software that is older than dirt (pre-2000). None. Absolutely none. I did, though save a couple of manuals - just for the memories. I let go of another 25 pounds of stuff. At least. And started collecting CDs and Floppy Disks for recycling. Oh, and a bonus - saved lots of large, gallon size ziplock bags.

The other day, I noticed I was getting low on the large size ziplock bags - though I try to re-use them as often as possible. In sorting/culling/throwing away the software in the boxes mentioned about, I retrieved probably 30 bags, at least. Yay! Waste not, want not. Ok, not exactly always true, but still a decent maxim for us hoarders (in training) to live by.

Now, all the remains of the stuff downstairs is the clean-up. I ought to be down with that phase of the neatening by the end of the day today. Yippee!

I had another minor epiphany-let - do let me know if I am repeating myself. Buttering hot corn on the cob is not easy. There are various ways - roll the corn in the butter - makes the butter useless for much else - put the butter on a piece of bread and rub that on the corn - better - but not optimal. Of course, a pat of butter on a knife works for a little bit, but eventually fails. The best way is to use a brush. Warm butter works well. Melted butter works even better - though that takes effort and I usually just make do with the warmed butter.

In other news, I changed my Plenty of Fish profile a bit - added a little whining about getting only a 2% response rate on my messages. I mean, really, 2%? True, I tend to write women who appeal to me - and if they appeal to me, they probably appeal to most of the other men on the site - and so they are inundated with messages. And since I have pretty clear issues - my mom, my hair and beard, my shoe size, I can understand how some of them might look and chose not to write back. But 2%. Sigh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

.I've been doing the 'butter brush' thing for years. Works great for cookouts - not nearly as messy or wasteful as any other method. I always melt the butter in the microwave and use a decent (new) paintbrush.

Augustus said...

Great minds think alike, pink! Rock on!