Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Good Day, all things considered

Yesterday was a mixed bag. I got a bit of mail from my brother the day before, to which I responded publicly. In the letter he said that the reasons I didn't have a meaningful romantic relationship were because I am basically a hairy, weird, friendless, poor, shallow, childish, mooching, unkind, lazy loser. Sadly, there were some people who thought my brother was "right." Well, I don't agree. I wrote a long post about that, but it will never see the light of day. Suffice it to say these things - I love me. As I am, warts (and long hair) and all. Secondly, the love of money is the root of all evil - it was true in Christ's time it is true today - so anyone who values money is, well, an unfortunate person in my eyes. I send them love. And third - Love is acceptance, not sacrifice.

So, there, all done. Moving on. Yippee!

I got defriended by a friend I had never met on Facebook. Whatever. Her loss. Is that unkind to say? I don't think so. I do wish her the best in whatever choices she makes in her life and whatever eventualities may unfold.

Yesterday was "Operation Clean out the Guest Rooms" day. Mom helped by writing stickers/tags for the various containers - she did some odd stuff and got some things mixed up, but overall, I think she felt helpful. I got all the boxes I had planned on moving out of the room at the head of the stairs into the attic with room to spare. And all of the empty containers out of the red room into the attic as well - still more room.

Today is laundry and break down boxes day. Yippee again!

We had several severe thunderstorms come through the area. No damage to the house that I can tell. Wow, the weather is really weird. Wish I understood more about it. Maybe meteorology school? Nah, probably not.

Walking in the rain when it is warm is a pleasant experience for me. Especially when I have my huge golf umbrella - thank you Rosanne! Memory is funny - as I learn more and more both from my own experiences and watching mom and her brain/memory issues. I walked to one my locals - The Red Dove where I had a lovely time talking to someone who told me about the beer scene in Buffalo. Her boyfriend is a home brewer and she appreciates beer. Yay!

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

As usual a day and well I am always a dollar short .. c'est la vie ! I read yesterday's post as I do everyday. I read the comments both here and on FB. Augustus, we have never met, in person but I do feel that I have gotten to know you through your writings both here and on DC ( which I have been MIA lately ).

I want to start by saying, while your brother means well in his letter, which BTW sibblings do know how to push the right buttons and do it well. His comments are debatable. Okay, so you have long hair, for some that is attractive. Weird, LOL we are weird in some sort of capacity, friendless ... no you have plenty of friends, and one can always stand to have more friends. Poor... Money is overated.. yes it buys necessities, but not happiness, and true the root of all evil.. shallow .. I don't see that .You are a care giver to an 80 plus mother, childish, mayhaps.. but that is what makes your personality so unique, society is too serious, statistics show that those who are happy with themselves and are less stressed. As long as I have followed your blogs you are always happy, sure you have your days.. but I love the glarps and glargggs ... mooching, unkind, lazyloser, nah.. Don't be so hard on yourself LOL..

Society could use a few more Augustus's .. hahahah...

Be patient my friend.. they say there is someone for everyone.You have a huge heart, your intelligent, your a great cook, have a quirky sense of humor and many other qualities, lol .. and yes there is hope... better to be the optimist than the pessimist.

So continue to be you.<3 B

Augustus said...

Thank you B! From your mouth... :)