Sunday, May 5, 2013

More Glasses

I thought that I had a lot of beer glasses that I had collected over the years. When I pulled out the ones I had found, it looked like I only had sixty or so. That was weird. Then, yesterday, as I was doing some more redistribution/sorting/culling work, I found four more boxes of glasses. And I think I caught glimpses of a couple more. Yay!

Went for a loooooong walk today. Ok, not really that long. Just longer than I expected. And it was scary in parts. Not because of a lack of sidewalks, which was the case, but because in two instances, I might possibly have been trespassing. And with all of the Second Amendment nutcases out there, I was afraid someone might start shooting their Assault Rifles at me before they started asking questions. Eeeek!

I walked from my house to a newishly opened branch of a winery from around Keuka Lake called Ravines. There were people tasting when I got there and more kept coming in while I was doing my thing. They had some decent wines. And the woman who was helping me (who was Monty's mom from the day before) was extremely personable. I think I will go back a couple more times. They have wine pairings that aren't very expensive and sound pleasant - a cheese one and a chocolate one. Yay!

The walk back seemed to take a lot less time. We shall see if I walk next time or not.

Saw a movie called Cashback last night. It was a bit on the quirky side, but fun and entertaining. A romantic comedy with Emilia Fox in it, who I have seen in a couple other shows - like Merlin. Unfortunately the British version of what sounds like Bones isn't readily available here in the US - Silent Witness.

No comments: