Saturday, May 4, 2013

Redistribution

That is what I ought to be calling my unpacking - redistribution. I am redistributing the stuff I brought from NC to various locations. Mostly around the house, but I would also like some of it to leave my possession and travel the world on its own. The decisions for the most part are, intellectually, easy. The reality is something else again. What to do with the myriad (not literally - I think there might be 100 or so) glasses is a good, real question. And all of the books. Well, some of the books. I am trying to do a good job of culling and so far have a largish pile of books to get rid of. Part of me just wants to take them to the Library and let them try to get rid of them. Part of me would like to try to sell them, because any money into the coffers can be helpful. I'll figure it out later. Yay for later! I am thinking of having a yard sale of some kind next fall when the students come back. Only sort of looking forward to the effort involved therein. Sigh.

Finding all sorts of great things as I unpack/redistribute. One of today's finds was some clothing - robes mostly. I wish I had someone with whom to wear my sexy robes - yes, men can have sexy robes. I have two of them. They were, I believe, actually my father's. Weird, but still sexy. I also came across my camel hair, silk jacket from China. Love that. Not a lot of opportunities to wear it. Another warm, terri cloth robe. And my dress/warm mid weather coat. And one half of two pairs of animal slippers. Great tub full of stuff!

What else of note? I am reading a very clinical book about Alzheimer's. When I finish it, I will give it a quick review. So far, not that scintillating.

And walking is good for you. I met a nice dog named Monty being walked by his owner! Yay!

No comments: