Thursday, May 9, 2013

Boxes galore!

My next goal is to empty the living room of NC clutter. This is totally doable. I mostly need to get the books repacked. Some of the boxes that were packed in NC are just way too huge to lift by a lightweight like myself. Well, I can lift and move them, but I would rather not. My ideal book box is a liquor box. So I went to the liquor store and got some boxes. Baby steps. Oh and I filled two already. Yay!

Yesterday was also laundry day. Huzzuh! Four baskets full. I really need to do laundry more frequently - more smaller loads might be more efficient. It is sad not to have a washer/dryer here in the house. We used to have them, I think we still have a dryer - but the basement is scary, so I haven't spent much time rooting around down there. While laundering, I ran a few errands - like my walk through Staples. Not really an errand, but I like office supplies. Spoke with a nice young woman who works there.

Speaking of speaking with nice young women, it might appear to someone looking in from the outside that I like younger women. Well, that may be the case, but generally, age isn't the first thing that attracts me to someone. Generally, I like someone for other reasons and that person's age often happens to be less than mine. Then again, at 52, many people are younger than I am...

Also went to Tops to buy a couple of things so that I could get a coupon for 10% off wine at Pedulla's Liquor store. Where I went next to buy white wine for tomorrow night's dinner. Tomorrow is mom's birthday - 83 - and I am planning on cooking mussels, salmon, corn on the cob and sweet potato for her. I am going to have something similar, but swapping in a sausage for the salmon. And maybe some artichokes for good measure. We shall see. Today I might go to the dollar store and get some more stuff for her for her birthday. Tomorrow - when I go to the grocery store to get mussels and whatever I am missing for dinner, I will get her some flowers. It is too bad for mom that her birthday is always so close to Mother's Day (sometimes it is Mother's Day).

Oh, Carmella wanted pictures of the completed porch - ask and you get - or something like that.

First View

Second View
So, does this entice anyone to come visit? Please?!


2 comments:

summerhill said...

It's kind of fitting your mother's bday is close to mother's day. I always thought she was a good mother.

You posted at 11:11 am today .. Ascension time ... hahaha :)

Augustus said...

Yay 11:11! Thank you for your thoughts! I thought she was pretty good as well! :)