Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesdays and Thursdays feel like mini-Sundays

They don't feel like mini-sundaes. That would be just weird! And cold. And sticky...

So, here I am, on this mini-Sunday, up way too early. For some reason, I woke up even earlier than my regular time. Eeek. And I haven't gone back to sleep. I was ebay-ing and playing around on the computer. Sigh. And not writing my blog. Until now. No exciting plans for the day - except for cooking a bunch of chicken breasts for dinner. Maybe some errands. Mom is doing much better not being on the aricept 23. At least I think so. Although she still isn't really getting out of bed until almost dinner time, she then starts doing projects. Yesterday she worked on the desk in her bedroom. Don't know that she really accomplished anything, but I think she felt she did. Yay! And she ordered some Christmas Cards all by herself with minimal help from me.

Me, I did nothing. Ok, not nothing. I started drafting my letter to the managers of the Flying Saucers regarding Diary of a Plate Addict. And I sent off an email to the general manager of the Raleigh Flying Saucer warning him of my impending visit. He has actually responded already, so the ball is back in my court. I also told my Spanish Professor that I was going to miss the last week of class because of having to sell my book. He said that he might like to buy one! Who am I to say no? :) Sadly, I don't actually have any in hand yet. I also need to order the rest of them. Will 300 be enough for a week of sales at the Raleigh Saucer? Or way too many? I know more people in the Raleigh area than I knew when I released Bar Dreams back in 2001 and I think I sold 100 copies that first day. Maybe fewer. Maybe more. Goodness, I don't remember...

I think I might have actually passed a Spanish Quiz. That would be novel. Then again, I did it really quickly, so it might not have gone as well as I think. Well, I will find out Wednesday or Friday!

Halloween passed without notice mostly, here in the Geneva Schoen-René household. Mom didn't dress up. No trick-or-treaters. I didn't dress up. Maybe next year. Who knows what will be what in a year from now? Hmm? Next up, time change - Fall back early Sunday morning. Hurrah?

Photos from October 31, 2011:

Fall leaves. Fall

Two Augustus glops and some Mexican egg rolls

No comments: