Sunday, November 13, 2011

Karl's Visit!

We just didn't have enough for Karl to do on his visit here. Oh well. We had a decent list and he accomplished those tasks and a few more besides. Our own handy man! Let's see. Starting outside and working in: he put the side porch away and cleaned it off. He is taking a few old typewriters home with him as he thinks there might be a market for them on eBay. Then he repaired the front door which had a broken pane of glass. Cleaned up a pile of junk that our paid handyman had created and had yet to clean up. Filled the bird feeder. Then inside he fixed a door in mom's room that was irking me - mom has a closet that she uses for mothballing things - unfortunately the door and the house were conspiring to make it impossible to close, which meant that mom had a bit of mothball miasma in her room. Ick. We leveled the oven and a cabinet in the kitchen and he helped me rearrange furniture in my room, which is making me even happier! Then he helped mom sort a bit. The greatest thing he did, though, was spend a lot of time with mom. Partially, this allowed me to have a bit of my own time, more than I normally get in a day! Yippee!

Other than Karl doing lots of stuff yesterday, we had lunch of leftovers and a dinner or tortellini with alfredo sauce, asparagus, an eggroll and garlic toast. And Karl tried to watch Iron Man 2 on Netflix through the new to us DVD player. For some reason it just wasn't working all that well. I don't know why. Maybe I need a faster wireless router. We shall see. Not high on my priority list just this second. Oh, Karl and I also went downtown for a beer. I haven't been out on a Saturday night that late for a long time. Mostly because I don't like crowds. But Downtown wasn't all that crowded. We went to Red Dove Tavern and had a lovely time. Erin was happy to see me. Abby the bartender said he wanted us to remember him to our mother. We shared some pretty yummy french fries and had a couple of beers. On the way home, a woman came running up to us and said "you had dinner at Torrey Park last night! Hello!" Small town, gotta love it!

And that is about it. He heads off to CT in just a little bit. But it was great having him!

Pictures from November 12, 2011:


Karl and Mom ready to eat

The put-to-bed porch

Look mom, no pile!

Someday I will paint this...

Yum! I do enjoy food now and again...

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

okay not sure where my comments went to from yesterday's post. Hmmm perhaps it was my error! .. oh my .. well the weekend appears to have gone well and somewhat productive for all involved, but the best part Mom had both sons with her and that my friend earns major mom points!!!

Visually, it clearly shows you have balanced your daily tasks .. good job, might need to do that to see just how balanced my daily routines are..

Great pictures's of the family

Augustus said...

Thank you Brigitte! I liked the pie chart exercise!