Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tons of Tuesday!

Here it is, a beautiful overcast, drippy day, in Geneva, NY. The sun isn't shining, the birds are confused because it is almost 60 degrees out (don't know where the degree character is - option 8? • - Nope, that's a bullet...) on November 29. Sigh. I was going to call handy people to see what their stories are - the roofing guy said he was coming while we were away. If he did, he didn't do anything - so I won't expect a bill. The other guy still hasn't finished up his work or done any of the other things that we asked him to do. Which is also ok, cause we won't get a bill for anything that he has done until he finishes one of the tasks at least. Good for him for being busy! Just wish he would do a little work around here... Anyway, that is two things that I don't have to do. Another thing that is on my mind to do is to call the Finger Lakes Care people and see if I can set up an appointment to talk with someone about what services and support are available to me. Part of me just wants to wait to do that until I get back from the trip to Raleigh (where I will, I will, I will sell lots and lots of copies of Diary of a Plate Addict - at least 3.) Which is what I will probably do. We shall see how I feel today.

Trying to figure out what to do for food this week. I don't want to cook too much because that means leftovers and I don't really want any leftovers in the refrigerator while we are away. If I am to do more traveling with mom next year, I really need to find someone who can come and water mom's plants. She would be saddened if they died. And a sad mom is, well, an unhappy mom. Obviously. Last night I threw some food together for a filling but not too tremendously tasty a meal. Oh, I do have the Turkey that Juliet gave me. Hmm. I could probably do something with that. I will have to look in the cookbooks and see.

Ok, I went off and did other things for a bit - read some e-mail, looked up recipes, that sort of thing. I'm back now. Didja miss me? :)

Photo from November 28, 2011:

Left over Ling Ling Food!

No comments: