Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lots of Random Thoughts

I think it is cool that people from all over the world stumble on my blog and read a post or two here and there. Blogger has stats about that sort of thing - Germany tops the all time list, but just today I had a visitor from Brazil! How cool is that? I don't know how to say hello in Portuguese... While looking at my stats, I noticed that one of the more common search phrases that people used that brought up my site, was Abigail Saltonstall. If anyone knows her, knows how to contact her, I would be really interested in reconnecting with her. In any case, I wish her and hers all the best!!

Augustus is a great name. Sadly, I didn't really embrace it until I turned 30. I think I was thirty. Let me think... 34 actually. It is still a challenge for me to get people who knew me before then to call me Augustus. For some reason, the name Gus just doesn't appeal anymore. And it frustrates me when people call me that. Weird?

The plan, currently, is to head to Raleigh the week of December 4 to sell copies of Diary of a Plate Addict. I vacillate between thinking that I won't sell 300 and that I will sell 300 the first day. I don't think I can really afford to buy more than 300 at this point. Sadly, I can't buy them after I sell them. That would be nifty - kind of like on consignment. Ok, I haven't even ordered them yet. I do plan to, soon. I would like to get my letters to the Saucers out today, if at all possible - which it is. I just have to do it. Oops, forgot for a second that mom has a dentist appointment today and that she wants to vote. I know I am here for her, still, it does throw a small monkey wrench into my day and plans when she has things she wants/needs to do. Sigh. If I don't get them in the mail today, there is always tomorrow. I had a thought - I am going to check with the post office and see how much mailing the book with a letter in it costs. And how much it costs to mail the book and a letter separately. Apparently the post office is cracking down on people who use media mail and include a first class letter type of thing in there! Fie on those miscreants! (Hmm, I may have done that once or twice...). More work for me - two sets of addressing things, more supplies I need to use up. Sigh. Anyway...

Yesterday was fairly uneventful, so there won't be an ad nauseum description. Yippee! I can hear the masses (both of you) cheering! Oh, dinner was pretty good - the green beans were almondined. Yummy!

I will say that Spanish Lab was good last night. Heather is trying new things - none of them really worked all that well, but at least she is trying!

Pictures from November 7, 2011:

Look, ivy on the building - does that mean HWS is part of the Ivy League? Nope...

I haven't been in yet - doubt it is as good as Escazu, but...

Ok, this was so yummy, I started eating before I remembered to take a picture

No comments: