Friday, November 11, 2011

It feels like the year is winding down

Does it feel that way to you? The cycle is coming 'round. I know the shortest day isn't for more than a month, but it just feels like things are coming to a close. And not in a momentous way, but in a quiet way.

Readership is way down here, not that I blame people for not reading my blog. It is pretty dull, all things considered.

My Spanish class is winding down. We have an exam next Friday but we aren't really learning anything new or more before then.

It is 11/11/11 no matter how you look at it. And Veteran's Day! Yay veterans! Wish we took better care of you - and even better, didn't need to have Warriors who became veteran's. Sigh. Visualize Whirled Peas!

Karl, my brother, is coming to visit for the weekend. That will be interesting if nothing else. He is not bringing his whole family with him, which is probably for the best for all concerned. If NC weren't so far away, I would have gone there this weekend while he was here. But it is far away. And I will be going for a whole week, with mom, December 4 through 10 or so. Yippee!

Yesterday, all my troubles...no wait, that is not what I was thinking - yesterday - what the heck did I do yesterday? Oh, right. Laundry. And mom came and helped. She kept asking if her coming and helping sped things up. How do I respond to that? Sigh. Laundry has been one of those things, recently, that I enjoy doing by myself. It gets me out of the house alone and I have some down time. But it is also good that she wanted to get out and about. I really do think that the Aricept 23 knocked her on her butt and that she is still coming back from that.

It was also Ginger day. I don't know what the two of them did, but it was nice for me to not have to participate. Yay!

Ok, I made a determination yesterday. I am going to start writing again, now that my last book has been published. I want to work on three projects - the self-help book (for want of a better description), my book about brew pubs and a fantasy work. I am not much of a fiction author - too much dialogue and description - but we shall see. My goal, as is often the case, is something small, like 200 words a day. That will not include my blog posts - though I don't know if I am going to continue the once a day posting that I have done this year. We shall see. I will start that in January at the latest - after school is over, after the holidays, etc.

It is Friday. And there is a night involved. Yay!

Rick Perry - oh my god! Really? On a televised debate? I bet debate coaches around the world are now coming up with ways to get around a brain fart. I liked John Stewart's idea of faking a stroke...I don't think it really matters who the Republicans put up - they will all look lame next to Obama - even though Obama is not as awesome as I, for one, had hoped. We need a true progressive in the White House. Me in 2024? :)


There you are. How exciting is that?

Pictures from November 10, 2011:

Mmmm, Pocky...

Art photo

Why do ladybugs not seem as bug-like and icky as other bugs?

No comments: