Sunday, November 20, 2011

Working on my Spanish Oral Presentation

That is my day's task, to work on the Spanish Oral Presentation that will be performed on December 2! And to pack for tomorrow's trip to Maine to visit my sister and brother-in-law for Thanksgiving! I just looked and it is, indeed, a ten hour drive. Without inclement weather and lots of traffic. We shall see how we feel while on the road. We might not make it all the way to Maine tomorrow. Anything is possible. And if we do stop, guess who is looking for a brew pub for dinner! That's right, this guy!

So, yesterday, mom wanted to go to BJs. She got her annual offer to join for two months for free. She has fond memories of getting lots of stuff there. I don't know when she did this, certainly not any time I was around. I don't know why, but I am not a fan of Warehouse/Club stores. Many of the things that I looked at were not particularly less expensive. Maybe some things were - I need to do some price comparisons with Wegman's and Walmart. I want to do apples to apples and that is a challenge, because sometimes the other stores don't do the same count - like English Muffins - mom wanted more English muffins, but they only came in a nine-pack as opposed to the six pack available at the other stores. And pistaciaos, they were $5.40 a pound at BJs, which seems like a good price...So, we went and shopped - bought barely anything and spent $35! Eeek!

Saturday is the day to shop in grocery stores, by the way. You all probably know this, but for those few who don't - they are hawking everything! You can easily eat a three course meal by walking around the grocery store! And the liquor store had wine and liquor tastings! How awesome is that! I didn't partake at the liquor store because mom was sitting in the car, but it is good to know. Maybe that will be something I do another Saturday.

We also did laundry - not a lot of it - but I figured if we were leaving for a week, we might as well do some laundry! Well, most of week.

Last night I made a picnic basket containing the makings of two disparate beverages so I could be ready for any eventuality. Hot chocolate makings and Chocolate Martini makings. We ended up going with the chocolate martinis, which turned out pretty tastily. I would like to try making the hot chocolate. Maybe I will take the stuff with me to Maine and try it there.

Oh, we also went to Rite-Aid. Mom saw an ad (she seems to be more susceptible to commercials nowadays) about a depilatory for one's face. Turns out that it was an Olay product. But we couldn't find it. The pharmacist had heard of it and led us to it. $39.99 for a 12 month supply. Mom didn't go for it. But the reason I bring this up is because my crushed-upon floating Pharmacist is now a permanent pharmacist at that Rite-Aid! Will I ever ask her out? Doubtful, but she is still nice to talk with! I am thinking of transferring my mom's other prescription up there - since it is closer than the hospital and all of mom's other prescriptions are there. I will go to Rite Aid and see how difficult that would be.

Finished the game I was playing and stayed up a little too late starting Skyrim. Not sure still if I am going to take it to Maine with me. Hmm.

Pictures from November 19, 2011:

Lovely BJ's

Mom sorting - I almost wish she wouldn't...

Goodies!

Yummy!

No comments: