Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oh, woe is me...

Ok, not really. Just joshing. Really, nothing too much to be woeful about. I wanted to write woe-y. There, I just did.

Actually, things are, mostly, just dandy. Besides of course, not really having an income stream to speak of. And mom's alzheimer's, which thankfully doesn't seem to be progressing too quickly. Or is this a leaps and bounds sort of disease? Anyone? And I am, minorly, falling apart. My left ear is not happy now. Whatever.

Small things, just small things. Like only two people have bought copies of Diary of a Plate Addict from my cool website. (Not really cool, but functional). How am I to achieve my goal of 1000 copies sold by April 30, 2012, if no one buys any copies? Hmm? Riddle me that, Batman! I did put up events all over the place. So far, a few people (Thank you) have RSVPd that they will come. As many have said they aren't coming for one reason or another. Three of them don't live in Raleigh, so that is understood. The others are going to get the FB axe after my visit down there. Well, the ones who said no without posting something on the wall at least. I also was granted the power to create meet-ups by my friend Steve of the Tri-Beer (what a great name) meet-up. So I created a meet-up for the book release event. Yippee! Busy day yesterday. For one, I ordered 300 copies of DPA. It looks like I might sell a tenth of that when I am in Raleigh. Sigh again. If I only sell 30 copies in the Raleigh store, where I am, or at least was, fairly well known...but that is just fear and silliness talking. If I can't sell at least 100 in the week I am there, I will just have to cry. :)

Yesterday was a pleasant day! I ate a lot for lunch, trying to finish up some leftovers and empty out the fridge for our week of travel. (Then we are back for a week, then gone for another week). Still lots more to eat. Yay? I played a bit, went to Spanish Class (where I think I did pretty well on my review/sample test), had beer Wednesday (more on that later) and went shopping. I did not run into anyone to throw my card uselessly at this time. :) I did buy a box of Charleston Chews minis which I mostly devoured for some reason. And a few wastebaskets - the pretty, woven reed baskets that mom had in the house are all dying from old age and usage. And I cooked a frozen dinner from PF Changs which was pretty good. Not my favorite - I will have to try another one. Today is going to be coleslaw day again. Yippee!

Ok, back to beer Wednesday. As you may or may not know, I am working on a video blog project, drinking through all of the beers available in bars in Geneva. I chose to start with the bar called Beef and Brew because they have 140 different beers to choose from. Best selection in town. Steve, the bar manager, places three bottles on special each week. Awesome for me! He is sometimes good about changing them, sometimes not so good. He didn't change them last week, so this week, when I came in, he gave me one for free! Yippee! And it was Samuel Smith's day - Nut Brown Ale, Imperial Stout and Oatmeal Stout. I think these are some of Eric M's favorites. I liked the Imperial Best. And they were all on sale for $3.50 a piece. The Saucer ought to do something like that as well - have some specials on their bottled beer. It was nice to chat with Lorraine (server/bartender) and Tiffany (bartender) and some patrons. Yippee!

Photos from Wednesday, November 16, 2011:

Yup. Scissors. Art.

Lots of food!

Lorraine Art

For Anthony, a cook at Beef and Brew in Geneva

I think there are four pieces left...





No comments: