Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

See, a day late and a dollar short! :) Seriously, it is weird being a day behind. Well, sort of weird. Yes, yesterday was Thanksgiving here in America. I put a status of "Gobble Gobble" up on Facebook. A sort of triple entendre...humor happens in threes. Apparently. I wouldn't know, really...

Thanksgiving is a weird holiday. We are supposed to be giving thanks for all sorts of things - not just in our personal lives, but in a larger scope as well. How much thanks giving really goes on? We didn't share anything to be thankful for at the dinner table last night. And just what would I have said? I would be thankful for getting up that morning. For having a family who is mostly in good health. None of us is homeless or addicted (well, some of us are obsessed, but that is for later in the blog). All good things. I am thankful that the world hasn't imploded yet. And that mother nature and the universe are still conspiring to allow us to live here on planet earth! Yippee! Nebulous things? Perhaps. Still grateful though. I told a friend the other day - be happy about the things that you can be happy about and work to change the things that you aren't happy about (and can change). Yay happiness!

We had a pleasant day, all things considered. Lunch was lots of leftovers - I think we ate up most of them. I said I would have the leftover beef as a late night snack, but that didn't happen. Too full. Because Juliet orchestrated a wonderful meal. Turkey, sweet mashed potatoes, pearl onions in a yummy sauce, broccoli, dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce. All homemade. And then for dessert, both pumpkin and apple pies! Yum city. But I did have to sit and digest for a long time before going to bed! Mom got treated to a slide show of Paul's pictures - he does take some great ones! I played all day and have the aching back to prove it. (This is the obsession bit.) Luckily, I have gotten to a point that I am not as obsessed as I was. I still would like to play, but I am also capable of entertaining other activity options. Yippee. Juliet cooked all day. And Paul was on call - both yesterday and today.

Juliet and I had a slightly depressing talk about the future last night. I need to process it and figure out what the future looks like regarding mom. Sigh.

I didn't step outside at all yesterday and am not upset about that. Today we might go boot shopping (for me) and I might go to a brewpub near Augusta. We shall see. For now, I just want to get this posted!

Pictures from Thanksgiving, 2011 - November 24:

The view from the Maine house

Looks a bit like whistler's mother...

Turkey

Loaded with some of everything!

Pies!

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

AS am I.. still trying to adjust to employment again..LOL.. but that's ok.. not complaining.. looks as if you have had a wonderful thanksgiving :) I this year have much to be thankful for...

Appears that you have enjoyed Skyrim .. an addictions perhaps.. LOL>..I still have to get the game.The boys, are on MW3 call of duty..

It's a nice change of scenery for you both Maine is beautiful love the pictures!!! Enjoy.. Smiles, hugs on this holiday weekend.. ~ B..

Augustus said...

Thank you Brigitte! An obsession, not an addiction. Subtle yet important distinction in my pea brain!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!