Sunday, November 6, 2011

What time is it?

With many of my devices deciding for themselves what time it is, I am always a smidge concerned about what time it actually is after the time change has occurred. My phone, my computer and the Official US Time widget all seem to agree, so I will just go with that. Two things about time change day - I don't like to have appointments, so I don't have to be worried about being somewhere at a particular time, and they seem to stress my body out for some reason. More so the Spring Ahead one than the Fall Back one. I do think the whole thing is a little odd. I wonder if some power hungry, crazy social scientist wanted to do this for an experiment. To see if they could convince whole groups of people to do something. Nah, couldn't happen...

Yesterday was definitely Saturday, but it felt like Sunday all day to me for some reason. Is one day feeling like another day a "time perception" thing? Or something else entirely. Anyway, it really felt like a Sunday. I got a few things accomplished - started hanging clothes up in my room. Had an epiphany about the copies of Diary of a Plate Addict that I am sending to the various Flying Saucer Draught Emporia (Emporiums) (I am going to personalize each of them for each of the Saucers!), cooked a tasty dinner of chicken eggrolls, asparagus and mini-ravioli with alfredo sauce, attended a play. Mom also did a bunch of sorting - always a mixed event. Good because at least she is doing something. Bad because she gets frustrated sometimes. And because she often makes one pile turn into five or ten piles that then sit there for a week or four before I get fed up and have to make it back into one pile. Sigh. She is not happy with what her government has become. I truly believe that few people are happy about that...and she wants to talk politics and such with me and I really don't want to. Not that I am averse to political discussion, it is just that we have had many of the discussions before and she doesn't remember that we have. Sigh.

The play was "All the Great Books (Abridged)." It was good, not great. When I first heard that this play was going to be produced here in Geneva, I ordered a copy of the script from Amazon. I started reading it and realized that I had no interest in auditioning for it. The production took place in a black box theatre that I had never been in before. Nice little space. Decent attendance as well. The three actors were capable and the direction was straight forward. All is all, enjoyable. And still glad I didn't audition...

Today, real Sunday. Hmm. Not too much planned, not even dinner. Eeek! I think I will hang up more things. And sign the copies of the book that I am going to sign and get the packages ready to send off to the Saucers. And study Spanish. Yippee!

Pictures from November 5, 2011:

Christmas cacti blooming - both the red and white!

Mom's new Uggs

Mom dressed up for the theatre


6 comments:

Sam said...

Hey, don't know about the red light, but imagine you can get the green tea? xo

Augustus said...

Anything is possible, Sam! :)

naturegirl said...

Wow much to catch up on.. LOL.. you've been busy.. hair dresser, pedicure.. I feel like fell out of the loop there .. a few days under the weather.. and to add time goes back an hour.. my where does the time fly? Love the new Ugg boots!!! Yay.. I too have a pair, mine are brown, and I also have the slip on's they are the m o s t comfortable shoes to own!! I dislike wearing socks, infact I only wear them if I have too. LOL.. so with uggs it is a no brainer..

Happy to see DPA is on the home stretch.. will order book tonight! when I get home from church.

Thought you'd like this .. Went to DogFish Head Brewery and Restaurant yesterday after my walk on the beach as part of my recovery day.. the DNA brew was fantastic !!! though I only had one... but thought about you ..

Augustus said...

I kinda like socks, but not to an extreme - I don't wear them with sandals! Yay, DNA! I don't think I have had it and am envious! Happy that your recovery is going well!

Sam said...

Oops sorry my comment made no sense without the link ...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21228374.600-green-tea-and-red-laser-attack-alzheimers-plaques.html

Augustus said...

Yup, that helped a lot. I don't think they are quite ready for human/mom trials yet... :(