Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It is a little weird...

It is always a little weird for me to see that there are used copies of Bar Dreams for sale on Amazon. Especially personalized ones. What is that about? I am always tempted to buy them and see to whom they were personalized. Well, maybe I will buy a few of the less expensive ones...anything less than $11...

Hello, November! Goodness. It is November already. And the end of the year rapidly approaches. Hurrah? I am looking forward to Thanksgiving with my sister and Paul in Maine later in the month. Still, a few hurdles to jump over before we get there - like another Spanish test. This one ought to be even easier than the last, since subjunctive is feeling pretty easy. Yay. Can't get overconfident after my 90 on the last test. And my 18 of 20 on the quiz...

Mom had a nightmare, which is worrisome. Not the content, just the intensity of it. It woke her up - and she woke me up - looking for Karl (I think). She thought he was dead or in the hospital. She told me that she had tried to call the hospital looking for him (or me). I don't know if that was part of the dream or not. What worries me is that she might hurt herself because of one of the dreams - try to go outside and look for something. It is a good thing that she doesn't have a car to try to drive. And we do live in the middle of a college campus - people often milling about, so if she did wander off, someone might notice her. I am seriously thinking about figuring out some method of keeping the front door blocked off so that she would find it a challenge to open - and would have to come to me to open it for her. Thoughts anyone?

Mom also thinks she would rather have Parkinson's (or as she calls it, the shaking disease that young actor has (Michael J. Fox)) than Alzheimer's. Gee, what great choices!

Well, it is errand day! Mom actually wants to go outside! How cool is that?! More on that tomorrow.

By the way, those of you who may be curious, there is a website for Renotto Press (Bar Dreams and Diary of a Plate Addict's publishing company) but it isn't quite ready for prime time yet...1) I think it is not ready, 2) I don't have any copies of Diary of a Plate Addict in hand or on hand yet and 3) It hasn't been tested to see if the shopping bit works...If anyone wants to be a guinea pig, please let me know!

Pictures from November 1, 2011:

Fred peeking out from behind the perpetual calendar

Dinner

I don't know how that one piece lost its delicious crispy skin...

4 comments:

Kim C. said...

There are two copies for sale on Ebay as well!

Terry H said...

I know there are motion-activated, inexpensive alarm devices you can hang on inside front doorknobs. They're designed to alert you if someone tries to get in -- but I'm sure they'd work just as well for someone trying to get out. If your mom tried to get out at night it would probably wake you up. And if you're ever out for a bit and she's inside, it might startle her enough so she wouldn't leave, after all.

Terry H.

Augustus said...

I think the same fate may be in store for Diary of a Plate Addict one day. Oh well - c'est fromage, Kim! :)

Augustus said...

That is an excellent thought and suggestion, Terry, I will have to look into one of those!