Thursday, November 10, 2011

Doors are not jars...

I had some fun stuff written, but blogger has been acting up today. Oh well, we shall see if I can recreate it.

Starting with doors - the idea that "when one door closes, another opens" is a nice, comforting, optmistic thought. And in this case, that was the case. Yesterday was beer tasting day. I am, as some of you know, working on a video beer blog. I don't anticipate putting anything up until the summer, but who knows. Anyway, I went to the Beef and Brew, our local purveyor of many beers, to find that their specials hadn't been changed this week yet. So I left. And went to another place with interesting beers - the third place in town with an interesting and eclectic beer selection - Red Dove Tavern. I think I have mentioned this place before. It is definitely one of the hipper, better places to be in Geneva. They have 8 taps and rotate at least three of them quite a bit. I met one of the owners last night, Rune. Great guy. I will look forward to talking beer with him one day. I also met one of the servers there - new to me - Erin. I had two beers - Empire Cream Ale on nitrogen - I think all cream ales ought to be nitrogen pumped - and Elysian Men's Room - a very good example of a Red Ale. Yum! Definitely going back there for more tasting and more taping! Taping and Tasting! Hurrah!

Yesterday was also the first major book mailing day. I sent off copies of Diary of a Plate Addict to each of the fifteen Flying Saucers. I would have included a note, but I thought it would be less expensive to send the note in a separate envelope. Turns out I was incorrect. It would have only cost 12 cents more to send the package first class. Oh well, live and learn! I also sent a copy to the Saucer HQ. Next, I sent 16 letters. saying that I was sending them a book and I was hoping that they would carry it in their merchandise cabinets. Small chance of that, unless Keith and Shannon (Shannon especially apparently) decide that they like the book more than they have before. It is a bit different seeing it all finished. If not, I will just have to hope that all of the Saucers will allow me to come to their places and stay for a few days hawking the book - mostly passively. All the packaging and labeling and such was quite an endeavor! I also sent Heather 5 copies for her use. I haven't asked what she is going to do with them...

Other than that, nothing too exciting. I did cook an excellent dinner - steak, broccoli, artichokes and the last of the lentil and rice box of glop I made a few days ago. Yippee!

Oooh, I got the ingredients for making chocolate martinis. I don't know why, but they sounded like a good idea...

Pictures from November 9, 2011:

Book mailing process

Cool sign!

Yum!



2 comments:

naturegirl said...

Yay for us optimist!!! I always believe, one door closes, another opens, for reasons beyond our control! Looks as everything is progressing well.. Beer, taping, tasting, book.. Seems this week is great.. and we even had a beaver moon! LOL.. the artichokes! no gaming of the video kind this? the New RPG game comes out this week the " Revelation " Joy.. LOL..

B

Augustus said...

Yay optimists! It has been a dandy week. And some gaming - mostly old games that I hadn't played - I will wait a little bit before I get Revelation...