Thursday, November 24, 2011

Snow Day!

As can be said of many places, the weather here in Maine changes rapidly. When I looked at the weather for the week before leaving Geneva, there wasn't a hint of snow in the forecast. Then, suddenly, a snowstorm was called for - six inches - and sure enough, that is what happened. Yippee! It looked yucky out there. And it was. So yucky, in fact, that I balked at moving my car for the plower who comes and cleans out Juliet and Paul's driveway. I have no snowboots, no winter like apparel and the stuff was blowing around and ick. So Juliet just ran out and did it. Yay her! I managed to stay inside and do much like I did yesterday. More Skyrim. I know, boring for the rest of you - but this is just the sort of game that I enjoy. Still would like to design one one day. Growing up, as I did, at the advent of D&D, it is a little surprising to me that I never became a DM (Dungeon Master). It seems like it would have been perfect for me - creative, directorial. But I never did. And although I played, I never got into it as much as some people. I still enjoy it, whenever it does happen...digression!

So, what all happened yesterday, besides playing? Well, we had lunch and a tea time visit. Lunch was brunch - yum - and the visitor is a neighbor of Juliet's, Laura. Lovely woman. I just popped down to say hello and then left the three of them - mom, Juliet and Laura, to chat. She only stayed an hour. Not one to overstay her welcome!

Next exciting event - dinner! Juliet cooked salmon pasta and a great salad. It is going to be sad to have to go back to my own cooking. I tried to articulate the problem I am having with cooking - picking a menu - and Juliet was very helpful with pointing out cookbooks. I will have to look through some of the ones we have at home and see what pops out at me.

And that was it - the sum total of excitement yesterday. Today is Thanksgiving! Hurrah! If it weren't for the pilgrims, I wouldn't be here. Things would certainly be different...So for that part, I give thanks. For what we did to the indigenous population - well that continues to suck. Someday, the human race will evolve as a whole and most of us truly will love each other as family. Right. Well, it could happen! Here's to a happy planet!

Pictures from November 24, 2011:

Yay snow - on the outside!

Brr

Brunch for lunch!

Salmon pasta for dinner!
I think this is a great mom picture!

2 comments:

summerhill said...

Your mom's looking good! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. :)

Augustus said...

Thank you! It is a good picture of her! Hope you and yours are well and happy!