Saturday, November 5, 2011

Obsessive much?

Luckily, I am only a smidge obsessive. No, that is not like being a smidge pregnant. And I am not particularly compulsive either. At least I haven't noticed any compulsive type behaviors. Obsessive behavior, sure. Luckily though, obsessions will usually run their course and go away. Unlike an addiction, of which I have none that I am aware.

Sometimes a little obsession is good. Like when working on a project. As long as one remembers to do everyday maintenance and politeness, extreme focus can be a good thing. I know it has helped me many times when directing a play, or working on a paper, or a book. Sadly, it also comes into play when playing a game and in romantic relationships. No stalker behavior in a long time. Yay! Well, not much at least. I am getting better. Still maturing at 50, that is a good thing, right? Growing, maturing, learning more about myself and the world of which I am a part. Yippee! I wonder if it is obsession that is part of the root of jealousy. Something I do aim to avoid whenever possible, jealousy that is. I think jealousy comes more from fear than obsession does. Obsession could have a little basis in fear - fear of something not being good enough or not getting accomplished. Hmm.

Anyway, moving on. Thank you dear readers for coming to the blog! I write this, as you know, mostly for myself, but it is nice to know that there are others who peruse these words now and again...it doesn't look like I will achieve my goal of 50 followers by year end, but c'est fromage...

Yippee! Friday was awesome! Huzzah, even! Where to start? Well, Spanish class would be a good place, since it is usually the first experience of the day. It was a teeny class, I think maybe 6 or 7 kids were missing. One overslept - I saw her hustling towards our classroom and said howdy. We learned some good stuff and it was just plain fun. Part of me is sad that I don't see another class of something in my future next semester (have to do some traveling to hawk Diary of a Plate Addict). Speaking of which, after I told maintenance about the broken desk in the classroom (such a crisp beautiful fall morning, walking to the Maintenance office was a great thing) I came home to find that my 30 copies of Diary of a Plate Addict had arrived! 22 of them are already committed - 15 to the Flying Saucers, 1 to the Flying Saucer HQ team, 1 to the Library of Congress and 1 to an early tester of the Renotto Press Website. I expect the other 8 to fly off the floor (where I stock them). Hmm?

Next, mom went to her hair and pedicure appointment. Although she only goes once every few months, she remembers some of the people there and has a lovely time. They take great care of her. Cindy especially. Yay! While she was being pampered and coddled by others for an hour and a half, I ran errands: bank, post office, poster place, Walmart (where I leaked a trail of roses lime juice through the entire store - sigh) Idareds from Red Jacket and home - where the Halco Heating guy had left after tuning the furnace up for winter! Dropped everything off, did a quick yoga and headed down to the Salon. Mom was just finished and had apparently admired some woman's Uggs. So, I struck while the iron was hot and took mom out to the outlet mall to get her a pair. I figure that a) she deserves pretty much anything that she wants (that we can afford) and that b) she might keep harping on it for a while if we didn't accomplish it quickly. Since neither of us had eaten, we lunched at the Sun Garden Grille, owned by the same people who own the Beef and Brew. All of the servers there I knew from the Beef and Brew. We ate and then went boot shopping. Mom picked a lovely Forest Green pair. She wanted me to get boots, but I saw nothing that floated my boated (sic). Oh well. Unfortunately, mom remembered that there was a remaindered book place in the mall, so we went there too. Luckily, she didn't find many books to purchase - mostly presents for Karl's second set of children.

Home, shower, cook dinner and then a lovely Friday night out for me! Yay!

So, all in all, yippee!

Pictures from November 4, 2011:

Some purdy plant I saw out walking yesterday

That's what 30 copies of Diary of a Plate Addict looks like

The sign!

Mom and Cindy at the Salon in Geneva


No comments: