Sunday, November 27, 2011

I could use a massage

I am sore. Not horribly, incapacitatingly sore, but sore. And a massage is always welcome. Oh, to have a romantic partner who liked swapping massages. Someday, perhaps. Maybe I will look for a therapist around here who isn't too pricey. A nice, back, leg, arm and head massage. Mmmmm...

Long driving day yesterday with a break at Karl's house for a couple of hours. We managed to get up fairly early yesterday and got out only about half an hour later than I had wanted. Mom wanted to go get me a pair of winter boots, which I haven't owned in 20 years. At Paul's or Juliet's suggestion we went to Reny's to look first. Found a pair fairly quickly that met my needs. Helped by a young man with a sort of mohawk who seemed to be able to read the boxes. Mom was surprised at how quickly I got something that satisfied. I tend to shop that way. If I am looking for something, zip in, evaluate quickly and purchase. I am not a huge fan of endless browsing, though I have done that too on occasion. Then it was five and a half hours to Karl's house. Only one bit of a slow down - where 295/90/84 meet and diverge. Luckily it was just very slow, not that much stopping. Yippee!

We got to Colchester just as Karl was stopping working on house decorating. We shared some of his tasty turkey soup and chatted. Candace had done the midnight madness shopping and stayed up all night. Karl got himself and the kids up at 5 am to meet her and do some more. Crazy people, but I think they had fun and might have saved some money. Both good things. I think it was good for mom to see the house, the kids, Skyelyn and Jacob, and to see Karl and Candace. We didn't stay too long, and hit the road again right around 5. 5 More hours back to Geneva and we were walking in the door right around 10 at night. Not too bad, really. Yippee!

Pictures from November 26, 2011:

The view in Maine

The stream by the side of the Maine house

Candace, Jacob and Skyelyn

Three of four were looking my way - Jacob, Karl, Skyelyn, Mom

No comments: