Thursday, November 3, 2011

Is it Friday Night yet?

No special reason. Just curious...

Anyway, time, being a perception and not really reality, is weird. Sometimes it can pass so quickly, and at other times seems to be almost standing still. Weird indeed.

Yesterday was errand day. Got mom out and about, which is always a good thing. And hasn't been happening much lately, except for our mini-adventures. So, to recap our errands: dropped off and picked up two prescriptions, dropped off artwork for a foam-core poster for selling Diary of a Plate Addict, dropped off 7 items of mom's at the Center of Concern, dropped of more items at the Salvation Army, made a hair appointment (and pedicure) for mom, bought tickets to a play for Saturday night, dined at Wendy's and renewed a book at the library. In the middle of this, we went to look at tempur-pedic matresses. The one mom liked costs $4000. Eeek! Isn't that a lot for a bed? I just looked online and found a place that will deliver a bed to mom for $1500 - not exactly the same, but similar enough that I think she will be happy. I will talk about it with her later...

Speaking of money, I think today is going to be pill pay today. After lunch. I can't face that on an empty stomach... :)

After mom and I did all of those errands, I took myself off to Beef and Brew for my weekly beer tasting. They had changed the beers, hurrah, so I enjoyed two that were new to me. One was a Belgian double - Grimbergen - not as belgiany as others and palatable to me. The other was a beer from the Czech Republic - Staropramen - not exciting, but ok. The last beer was Murphy's Irish Stout - the can of which I partook was made in Scotland! :)

Dinner was thawed and fried Augustus Eggrolls. I think they were even better than the unfrozen ones...

It was a beautiful fall day in Geneva, NY

Mom trying out beds at Lynch's in Geneva

Our repast at Wendy's

Lake View!

Some Halloween art at the Beef and Brew

Walking home, I had this vista to contemplate!



No comments: