Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another Various Subjects Post

A little about yesterday to ease us into the daily blog post. I made a scrumptious dinner, if I must say so myself: eggrolls, green beans and rice. Easy, tasty, quick and using up stuff in the house. The refrigerator has a lot of leftovers in it that need to be eaten before mom and I head to Maine for Thanksgiving. I also studied a little Spanish - took the repaso and finished it in 15 minutes. Eeek! From what the answers turned out to be in class today, I would have gotten a 75 or 80. Yippee! I will do a bit more studying today and tomorrow and ought to be all set for the test on Friday.

What else yesterday. Made a couple new connections on Daily Challenge. I do hope that I will get to meet some of these people one day. They are all over the country and the world. Yesterday's were from here in the US and one in Essen Germany! Yippee!

I also love Word of the Day from Dictionary.com. Today's word was opuscule - a small work. How cool is that. Love words. Speaking of which, is Hot for Words still being produced? Yup, it is...

Finished Gears of War 1 and 2. Now working through Half Life 2 etc. Patiently waiting for Skyrim to appear on the porch...

So, today's daily challenge was to make a small, doable resolution. I made two - order 300 copies of Diary of a Plate Addict and to start working on some of my opuscules. I am going to start a writing blog - to which I will sporadically or with luck periodically publish things. Not sure what. I doubt there will be many pictures, though... :(

And today is beer day! We shall see if Beef and Brew changed up its beers or if I get to go to Red Dove Tavern again. Either way, win-win for me!

Photos from Tuesday, November 15, 2011:

I love this glass - I think it was a premium from a Grocery store many years ago - or someplace else...

My yummy dinner!


No comments: