Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I need to eat something

But that means that I have to do my yoga - 'cause I don't eat until I have done my yoga, most days. But before that I have to do my blog - why? So that both my loyal readers and I can feel like we have accomplished something today. And accomplishing something always makes feeling happy just that little bit easier.

Yesterday was a lovely day - the weather was bizarre, low 60s on the 29th of November. But it is always pleasant to have a temperate day when it is not expected. I didn't do a whole lot - except for going to meet with Sebastiano - my Spanish oral presentation partner - at the college pub, which I don't think has a liquor license. So why is it a pub? Anyway, we worked for about an hour - he had some corrections and suggestions. I am also planning on going to see Wendi tonight and ask her to read it with me a few times - maybe she will make a few suggestions and corrections... And then Friday is the day of oral presentation! Hurrah! I will be happy to be done with it. And it will be my last day of classes. Double hurrah. Maybe I will take more classes again one day - but next semester I need to be footloose and fancy free to be able to try and sell books.

Speaking of selling Diary of a Plate Addict, I am sending off some more copies today. One set to someone whose set got lost in the mail, one to Jeff, my great and long time friend, a couple to my sister. Juliet pointed out that the cost felt high to her. And it is high. I am the first to admit it. I pointed out to her that the book costs a lot to print, ship and I pay taxes on it. Then there is all of the time and effort that went in to creating it. And people are going to be buying it as a souvenir/impulse buy for the most part. I am counting on beer to help sales! It is, after all, a full color book. And although, as was the case with Bar Dreams, it is not a breathtakingly wonderful book - it is good and solid and enjoyable. Since I am charging $20 a pop, I suspect some people will balk at the price. Oh well. I am not going to discount my efforts at this point. Maybe when I get to April 15 and find that I have only sold 5 copies, I will change my tune. But for now, $20 it is. It is sad, though, that more of my "friends" haven't bought copies. Whatever. Moving on. Anybody else tired of hearing my whine about no one buying copies of the book?

Anyway, I cooked turkey tetrazini last night. Simple stuff. I think I needed more pasta in the dish. Oh well. It was still tasty - I used all of the leftover turkey that Juliet gave me. Yippee!

Anyone ever heard of playing blackjack with the stakes being a truth or dare question? Fun stuff. :)

Pictures from November 29, 2011:

These were packed really, really well from the printer!

Pretty - a better camera could have done a better shot...

More stuff and less turkey would have been good - live and learn!

No comments: