Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter!

It is still winter here in Geneva. We got 5 inches of snow, or at least that is my guesstimate. It was the fluffy kind, so shoveling this morning was not too tough. Yippee! Not a lot more is expected between now and Wednesday when I begin my trek back to NC. That is a good thing. Mom and I are planning on heading out in a little bit to get some baskets to help her sort and maintain a semblance of organization. I doubt it will work, but it is worth a try.

Stayed up latish last night catching up on Glee. Three episodes. I thought they were all pretty good.

About to put together a leftovers luncheon. Salad and steak from last night's dinner from the Ramada and some of the cauliflower soup I made last night. Today is also making egg roll day.

Last night we were going to go to dinner at Halsey's, a local place, but there was a half hour wait. The Avitt brothers were playing next door and lots of people were milling about. Sadly next weekend The Pink Floyd Experience is going to be playing in Geneva. Oh well. Life is that way sometimes. We have to pick our battles. I kinda feel like I need to attend the 11th anniversary celebration at the Saucer on the 26th. I don't intend to stay all day, like some of my friends. Instead I plan to go in, get my three beers and leave.

Ok, pictures from yesterday:


The shoveling yesterday wasn't too bad either.


Mom sorting laundry to be dried in the dryer from laundry to be dried hanging up at home.


When I first stepped out to head to dinner, it was like the movie The Birds! Thousands of them, bunches of types all making lots of noise. This picture does not really capture it, but it is a little better than nothing.


Mom and me at dinner at the Ramada's expensive and ok restaurant. I asked to get a photo of our server Domino, but she declined due to being pregnant. I guess she was afraid the picture would steal the kid's soul or something. :)

No comments: