Thursday, February 17, 2011

Off to a start...

I over indulged a bit last night. Which made my sleeping less than optimal. And then that made getting up more of a challenge than I would have liked. No matter. I did get up. Packed and gathered all the things I wanted to bring along on this trip. One of the reasons I like to travel by car is that I can bring all the stuff I need without worrying whether or not I can fit it in my suitcase. And whether or not I can carry it 5 miles. I think that is the rule of thumb. If you can carry your bags Five miles, then you are good to go! With a car, I don’t need to think about it. I just toss it in the trunk or the back seat and away we go! Yippee! So I brought everything I could think of. I brought my computer and my suitcase of course. But I also brought my waterpic, my food processor and my scanner.

Part of the reason that I am going on this little road trip is to sort through my analog pictures to see if I can dredge up any Saucer pictures. I know there are a few if I can only find them. So I brought my scanner as well, so that I can make electronic versions for Diary of a Plate Addict.

The trip, so far, has been mostly uneventful. There was some traffic between Washington and Baltimore. Added a good half hour to my trip. Poop. I wish someone would tell me of a good back way around the Washington mishegas. I don’t care if there are even stop lights. Just something that avoids all of the traffic. One of my friends did try to give me a route, but it seemed way more complicated than I was interested in trying.

Since I got my GPS device working again, I relied on it to get me to Bippy’s. Made it safely and soundly - though driving in I ran over a curb which isn’t a good thing. I hope my tire is ok. The mall that Bippy’s is in is chockfull of Korean stores. Weird. Sadly, Bippy’s has no internet. And I can’t find a signal strong enough to lot on. Maybe I will take a quick walk around and see if I can find a stronger signal.

Found one! Yippee!

Anyway, the pictures are from yesterday as is usually the case.


More stuff to break down.


All done!


Amongst other things, I managed to refill and reuse (hence reducing) my water bottles. I think fifteen of them. I love my well water!


I whipped up an omelet. Yum!

No comments: