Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Drawers and depression

I am very happy that I am not depressed. I mean clinically happy. I mean, clinically depressed. Is there such a thing as clinically happy? Why aren't there drugs to mitigate that? Hmm?

Anyway, I did have another brief bout of depression last night. Lasted about an hour. I wonder if it was something I ate. I tried to figure out why I felt depressed and not a whole lot came to mind. True, one of our bridge group is leaving again. She left for a couple of years a couple of years ago. She is 80 something, I think, and just came to the realization that she really can't and would rather not live alone. Luckily she has a daughter who is willing to take her in.

Or it could have been because I didn't win at bridge. Again. She did, which is a good thing.

Anyway, yesterday I took apart these drawers:





The lady on the left, Mary Stewart, or Stew as she sometimes liked to be called, is the one who is leaving. I honestly contemplated bailing from the group. I do so enjoy playing bridge, though...

Anyway, I am leaving for Geneva on Thursday to visit my mom. With a stop in MD to meet my designer for the first time. Yippee! Road trip!

No comments: