Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snowy In Geneva

It is still winter here in Geneva, NY. Yippee! I get to go sledding! Ok, no, not really. I saw people sledding yesterday. Well, it was in the fifties and there was oodles of snow on the ground. I remember talking with my skiing friends about how much they enjoyed skiing in similar conditions. But no, I will not be doing anything winter sport-like today. I left my boots in Clayton, NC. Where it is in the 60s today. Sigh.

Hey, did you know that if you click on a picture in my blog it takes you to a larger version of the picture? Cool stuff!

I am hoping to come away from Geneva with a few more kitchen things. Maybe my mom's wok, maybe a rice cooker, maybe a juicer! We shall see!

Today will be picture day. Part of the reason I came up here was to look through my old pictures and see if I can find any vintage Saucer pictures. I am pretty sure I have a few. More on that tomorrow.

Not sure if there will be a pithy blog later today, in addition to this, the skim the surface, photo blog. I don't know about anyone who reads this, but I am having fun writing my blog. Yippee!

Okey dokey! Pictures from yesterday - oh, by the way, I am putting pictures up on FB as well in an album about the trip. And I will eventually update the one picture a day album. So much to do, with out any income! Woo hoo!

Pictures: (I think my new rule is that I will pick at most five from a day of prodigious picture taking to post here)(I love making little rules of thumb for myself)


The lovely view from my motel window. They were undergoing massive renovation. The owner/manager of the motel gave me a look at the new rooms. Perdy! No, I didn't take a picture. Many of the pictures I would like to take, I don't, for one reason or another...


The window fixing thing - this kit wasn't as good as the one I have bought before - it did not include the razor that is helpful to remove the sticky thing from the car window. And I managed to lose the instructions and resin right after I put them down. They ought to turn up in ten or fifteen years...


We went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. I thought the artichoke appetizer looked yummy so ordered it. I was right!


Mom looks so happy! Yup, that is her happy face! Ok, no it isn't really. She loathes having her picture taken. Oh well.


This is not a good picture. I just thought it was funny to park next to another black Yaris four door sedan...

No comments: