Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy February

Month two of Pictures and a Blog Post Every Day! Well, there might not be a blog post everyday for whatever reason, but I am taking a picture every day. Or at least have so far. For the entire month of January, thank you very much!

Before we get to the pictures from yesterday, a brief few words on a couple of other subjects.

The boat has sailed, the obsession has peaked and is starting to wane. Thank goodness! Hallelujah even! (Wow, spelled that right without the spell checker going off!)

Wrote to a woman on a dating website, a free site, but have no expectations of hearing from her. The math for this works out thus: 10 notes to 10 different women from me - one response from one of the women. Of those ten responses, only one progresses to a conversation. Of those that become a conversation, one in three result in an actual meeting. Of the actual meetings, maybe one in 3 becomes a second date. And of those one in three, maybe one in two becomes someone I date for more than a week. Yippee! So, having an expectation is kind of silly. A hope is not quite the same as an expectation. I think there is less attachment there. Joy and rapture.

Today is bridge day, again. Last time it was canceled due to ice. It is supposed to rain tonight, but let's hope it doesn't get washed out again. I was expecting to have the house to myself all day, but that isn't going to be the case. Daniel and Cate had bad headaches, migraines even so they are staying home. Well, at least they will be here to help me neaten the house for the bridge party tonight. Later this morning I am going to start the cake, then later in the afternoon I am going to start making the things for "snacks." It is funny/interesting that as I get more elaborate in my snacks, the other hosts get less elaborate. Whatever. Tonight I am making the avocado eggrolls with dipping sauce, a California roll (one regular, one fried), tempura vegetables (squash, broccoli and green peppers), chips and salsa (store bought) and then the cake for dessert. Woohoo!

Ok, picture time!


Even more yin yangy than last time!


I just looked through my pictures the other day and noticed that I didn't have one of this plate of Jack's. Situation rectified!


As Daniel and I were leaving to go food shopping, Jeanie and Russ showed up on their way to the movies. I swear her clothes were green in the light of the Saucer. Weird.


I do enjoy stopping in at the Grand Asia Market. Good for my little (tee hee) ego to have the Chinese people tell me how great my Mandarin is.


I was trying to remember what these were called and low and behold! there they were! I have some left over shrimpies that are going to go bad soon if I don't do something with them. A project for tomorrow perhaps.

And there we have them - the last pictures for the month of January! Can he do it folks? Can he successfully picture another month? Stay tuned. And comments encouraged!

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

In my next life, I want to come back as one of those cats. Maybe the white one. Or the black one.

Augustus said...

And I would name you yin - or yang...