Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Inching Closer!

Doesn't one get a record deal or a million dollars or something when one hits double digit followers on their blog? Hmm? Don't they? Well, I am at nine now! Thank you Kim!! Tell all your friends! Well, don't tell me, since I already know about the blog...

Anyway, last night was bridge night. And I forgot to mention the great draft of Diary of a Plate Addict that I got from Heather, my designer. No, she didn't design me, she is designing the book, sillies.

So the book. Heather sent me a complete-ish draft of the book. Lots of placeholder photos, but it is a lot closer to being real. Sadly, I think the book sucks. I don't know that I am going to be able to sell 10 copies, much less the pie in the sky 1000s that I would like to sell. Not the design. The book will look good. It is the text. Sigh. Oh well, I am going to plow forward as if it really were interesting and that people, other than ones I can guilt into it, will buy copies and keep my from earning an honest living!

I printed the whole thing out, in black and white for now, and cut out the pages and double stuck them together to get a faux copy. I am so excited! A picture of my handiwork will grace these pages tomorrow. In the hubbub yesterday, I forgot to snap one.

Yesterday was also bridge night! Lots of work for me this week, since I hosted it. I do that once every three or four bridge sessions. Most of the people in the club I have known for most of ten years. We met playing at a community center in Fuquay Varina years ago. And after all this time we are still getting together to play bridge!


The food was ready almost at seven. Luckily, Ted got lost, again, and they didn't get here until 7:15. We have avocado eggrolls, tempura veggies, chips and salsa and California rolls.


Empty tables waiting for players.


Full tables with players!


And for dessert, chocolate cake! I figure it I make this a few more times, I won't need a recipe for it anymore!

Daniel helped a lot in the food preparation. Frying some tempura, frosting the cake, rolling sushi! Thank you Daniel!

No comments: