Friday, February 11, 2011

Saturday? Nope, only Friday!

Feels like Saturday, though. Probably because I didn't get going until about 11:30 am and actually didn't accomplish much until 2:30 pm. Well, I did some dishes. Woo hoo.

Anyway, yesterday was funny. The snow was silly. By the afternoon it had all melted. I had decided to make pasta al fredo last night for dinner. But we were wineless. So Jeanie volunteered to bring us some wine! Dinner turned out really well. Something I am going to make again, I am sure. Al fredo sauce was really easy. I know a couple of tweaks I would make. Like maybe add a little white wine. The cheesy garlic bread was delish, though could have used a tad few onion bits. And Daniel made brownies. Woo hoo!

Just after dinner, Cate returned and we played Beatles Rock Band for a while. Luckily, Jeanie likes to drum, which neither Cate nor I like to do especially. Daniel went to bed, we rocked on for a while and then Cate went to bed. Jeanie and I stayed up way too late watching a documentary about India! Very cool stuff. I am so envious of her trip!!

Oh, I don't know about you, but I rapidly think of ramifications and courses of action when a potential crisis is made known. Like my mom going to the hospital yesterday. I thought about her dying and what would happen. I thought about her being sick and me having to go up there. I thought a lot of things. Luckily, I didn't dwell on them. Just realized that I could handle whatever happened. Then, later in the day, Karl, my brother, sent me a text saying mom was at home. So I called and we chatted for a while. She is taking some anti-biotics (just what an 80 year old needs - but I am not a doctor) and seemed ok. Yippee! Still planning on heading up there next week at some point.

Ok, here are some pictures:


A winter wonderland in my front yard!


Doesn't he look innocent? Daniel and I both believe that Pekoe has learned how to turn the electric blanket on. Not adjust the heat temperature, luckily!


Dinner! Wine (thank you Jeanie), Garlic Cheese bread, steamed broccoli and pasta al fredo. Yum city!


Jeanie waving for the camera!

See you tomorrow! (Tell your friends to follow my exciting blog!)

No comments: