Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More Depression

I think part of the reason might have been my impending trip. I do love to travel. Even if the trip is only to visit my mom in Upstate (well, Central) NY. And this time I get to stop in MD and meet my designer. At a place called Bippy's. But I am getting ahead of myself. Last night I was a smidge daunted by everything I wanted to accomplish or needed to accomplish before hitting the road. This morning, or was it last night, I made a list - a to do list - and that helped a lot. It is interesting how small a large problem can be when broken down a bit.

Part of my consternation stemmed from the powercord on my GPS being dysfunctional. I had taken it apart to see if there was something simple I could fix and there wasn't. I had contemplated purchasing a new one, but hadn't found it to be that overwhelming a need. So I stuck it back together this morning. And I had a minor epiphany - still love those. I just needed something to conduct power from the power source to the tip of the power card thingie. I had just finished taking apart a dresser and had some small screws that I thought might work. Lo and behold, it worked! I have a GPS again. Woohoo!

On my way home, I will take care of another errand - getting some road trip food. Nothing with sugar in it as those put me right to sleep. I like salty stuff for the road. And I will get my stuff together for packing. Since I am only going partway the first night, I don't need to get up and out insanely early. And I am planning on stopping at a hotel overnight near Maryland. So, I am feeling all relaxed and happyish! Huzzah!

2 comments:

Kim C. said...

No pictures?

Augustus said...

I put up some pictures earlier. And will put up some more today. Yippee!