Saturday, February 19, 2011

Non Picture Blog for Sat Feb 19, 2011

I like to write, obviously. And when I get in a mood, that is pretty much all I want to do. Wouldn't it be nice if I actually made money from it? Well, that is my intent with my book. If only the Saucer people would a) respond and b) opt to buy thousands of copies. That would be nifty. Oh well, day dreaming is pleasant, but doesn't accomplish much.

Today, I got up and found that we were having a teeny little blizzard. Luckily, it is only below freezing and blowing a bit of snow. I don't think there will be much more than four inches in accumulation. I am still planning on making a foray outside later in the day. I don't know if mom will accompany me or not.

My main agenda for this morning was to find my picture boxes. Looking in the closet where I thought I had put them, and finding only boxes and boxes of mom's stuff, I got a little hot under the collar. Mom kept standing there and asking me (three times at least) if I hadn't taken them back to my house in Clayton. Grrr. She did finally suggest looking underneath the bed in that room. Phew! There they were. Well, most of them. The one with the most pictures in it was a little further afield than that, but also turned up.

I have gone through three of the four boxes and found more than 100 pictures from early days at the Saucer. Sadly, I remember few names from people at that time. (Looking at them again, I discovered that a few pictures had names scribbled on the back!) Hopefully, Jeff or someone will. I get to do a lot of scanning. I still have one large box to go through, though I doubt I will find any Saucer pictures in there. One picture that I thought I had, of Keith Schlabs from Saucer HQ, hasn't been located. Yet. It will turnip. (Tee hee)

As I was looking through the pictures, I did come up with a few others that are going to get scanned. Some that some people might think are embarrassing of me. Some of others that I don't know if they have or remember.

The big box of pictures is not going to be looked through tonight. Or soon. There are pictures from the past 33 years in there, wait, I take that back, the past 8 years or so I have been using a digital camera, so there are only 25 years of pictures in there. Eeek! I don't know how many pictures that is. A bunch. Anyway, I will look through them when I get home I think!

All scanning, for now, accomplished. Really easy once I discovered the twain plugin for the "Preview" application! And a little Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Stout. Yum!

Ok, enough for now, more tomorrow!

No comments: