Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday is Sunday

Yippee for Sunday! It looks like a beautiful day outside as I type this. Yippee!

Redboxed and watched Dinner for Schmucks the other night. It was pretty good, not amazing, not bad. Really painful in places. I was surprised, well, not too surprised, to see that it was inspired by a French Film. I looked for a movie last night, but the Redboxes were all pillaged and devoid of interesting content. Oh well. We survived. I did have a minor epiphany, though. See, I was programmed to want to watch something on television while I eat. I know, probably not the healthiest choice but there it is. Lately we have been watching Bones. Cate, my friend and housemate, gave me seasons 1 and 2 a couple of years ago and we have been watching them slowly. I like the show. But it can be a little disturbing in the first few minutes when they find the body. And that is usually when we are taking early nibbles on our food. So, I remembered that Cate had a DVD of Captain's Picks from Star Trek. Each of the Captains of the various Enterprises each picked out two episodes of their series to show. I am looking forward to watching them!

Speaking of television, I am sad that we don't have one today. It is Superbowl Commercial Sunday. We don't get to see any of the commercials. Boo! I don't really care about the game. I barely know who is playing Steelers and someone I think. Oh, I just looked it up - the Green Bay Packers.

Today is brunch at the Saucer. I am excited. I haven't been to brunch in a couple of weeks. Despite the somewhat boring food choices, it is usually a decent time. And I am always interested to see who is going to show up. Next week, I am planning to brunch at the Charlotte Saucer (yum) and then have my plate party at the Columbia SC Saucer. If anyone is interested in going, please let me know!

And here are yesterday's pictures:


Cat butt! How photogenic.


Gee, another cat!


Finally! I love it when Greta, Cate's German Shepherd, sits with a toy in her mouth. In this case, it is a paper tube, but still, to her, a toy. Pekoe also walked through as I was taking these pictures, but I didn't capture his appearance. :(

And Food pictures - aren't you all so very, very lucky?



I just liked the juxtaposition of the green and the red. Yum, spinach!


And the full meal - Top left, creamed spinach - turned out ok, top right rice with Almonds and Raisins - turned out ok and bottom right, Cate's home concocted bbq sauced chicken turned out great! And bottom left, plates. :)

And late night:


Yum, brownies - with caramel sauce! I need practice with these. Maybe I will buy another box on the way home tonight...

Ok, time to do my morning ablutions and then head to the Saucer. Keep it flying!

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

I saw the French version of Dinner for Schmucks — Le Dîner de Cons ("The Dinner of Cretins") — a few years ago. The whole point of biting satire is that it doesn't flinch. I'm really surprised Hollywood allowed the remake to be painful. I would've guessed that Hollywood being Hollywood, they would have sentimentalized it. (And speaking of little pink cat sphincters, that's what critics were in a previous life.)

Augustus said...

True dat Jeff! The film flinched a couple of times, but mostly didn't. I would like to see the French film one day - when I grow up and get netflix!