Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pictures from February 19, 2011

Fun day, all things considered. I don't mind snow too much when I don't have to live in it. Visiting is fine.

After the kerfuffle about the pictures, I sat down to go through them. I immediately found a box that had the bulk of the pictures from that era. I had two film cameras around that time. One was a camera that took three different size pictures - regular - slightly wider and then panorama pictures. And another, a Nickelodeon camera that took four pictures on each regular size negative. Most of the pictures that I took at the Saucer were using the former. They are not going to be reproduced here - at least not at this point. Maybe some of the ones that don't make it into the book will appear online at some future time.


The box on the left is the one with the different sized pictures in it.

Next was food shopping which entailed getting in the car and driving to the store. In the snow. First, shoveling.


Please note the blowing snow. Yippee! I don't have any boots here, I don't think. I might actually have a pair in the trunk. I will have to look and see. That would be nifty, though I think the snow might be done for the time being. Oops, just checked the weather - 3 to 5 inches expected tonight. Joy! Well, that means I can get a lot of cooking done. My plan is to cook my mom three things - three different types of egg rolls, two soups and a bit of coleslaw. Fun will be had!


We went to see the King's Speech, which was very good, and then to Friendly's for dinner. A nice woman across the way offered to take a picture of the two of us and then made her husband do the honors. Funny.


I then spent a longish while scanning photos. The creme brulee stout made the task less onerous!

There will be another blog today. I can feel it! Till then, Happy Sunday!

No comments: