Sunday, February 20, 2011

The other Sunday Blog

I am confused. I am trying my best to let the Universe provide. I put ideas and desires out there, take baby steps towards them and apparently miracles are supposed to happen and doors are to open and all that blather. Maybe I am just not looking at things correctly. Maybe I am crazy. Or just confused.

One front for this is the search for a life partner. Search might be too strong a word at this point. Seriously, I would like a life partner, but if I don't find one, I will still be me and will still have a fun, happy life. Happy if I do, happy if I don't. Unattached to the result. Mostly. But I haven't had "relations" in a while. Part of me fears if I do, it will not be effective for anyone involved. At least not the first few times. Out of practice isn't even close. But I digress. Finding a life partner isn't just about sex. It is about having someone to share with. I do like to share. Really, I do. Even though I enjoy my solitude, there is something fun and uplifting about sharing with another person.

So, I have asked many of my friends to keep a lookout for me, to think of me when they meet single women and perhaps even introduce me to ones they think are likely candidates. One person has actually done this. True, no sparks flew after meeting the women she thought of, but it was gracious and generous and thoughtful of her, and them, to make the effort. An acquaintance on the web recently posted a picture. I saw someone who I thought I might know (or might like to meet) and asked her who she was. Her response - "a friend of a friend of a friend. Sorry." I mean, how much effort would have been involved on her part to ask the friend of the friend or someone who she was. I know, above and beyond the call of duty. I am expecting too much. Another acquaintance I specifically asked to keep a lookout for me. She told me she had no single friends, but would keep a lookout. Recently she posted a status saying that she had won a bachelor in a bachelor auction and did any of her single lady friends want him. What? Now she has single lady friends? When I twitted her about it, she said my search couldn't rely solely upon her. Thus far, though, she has done nothing that I can tell.

How do we meet someone to go out with? I might have to go back to the internet, though I don't really want to. I thought asking friends was a good way. I went to "church" one Sunday and wasn't overwhelmed with the prospects. And I am shy around women I find attractive. Weird, I know. Attached to the fear of rejection.

Looking through the pictures that I have looked at so far, I have come across many people that I had crushes on. I do wonder what has happened to them. I will check with my Saucer friends to see if anyone knows.

Ok, the whole relationship thing is one issue on my mind. There are three other prominent ones. Mom, Diary of a Plate Addict and the future in general are the other three.

Mom of course is the most important, at least to me, of these three issues. I don't have any idea how other people feel about their parents. For me, there is a bit of love/hate going on. But the love is dominant. So I want my mom to be as comfortable in her twilight years as possible. And since I do not, sadly, have a family of my own, I can do my best to accomplish this. Again, sadly, I do not have a lot in the way of fiscal resources to help with this. What I do have is time. And willingness.

Hey, if anyone would rather I talked about fashion or gossiped, please let me know.

More on this and the other stuff at another time. I think I have bored everyone enough for now. Live long and prosper. :)

No comments: