Thursday, February 24, 2011

HSH

I saw this post again and finally figured out what it meant. Would that home were sweet for me...

Anyway, I am back in NC. No post yesterday, not because I didn't have pictures, I did and do, but because I spent the whole day driving. And when I got home I ended up not working on the computer until after midnight. So, here are the day before's pictures today.


We ran errands during the day. The first was flowers for Asta. Mom didn't want to visit, but we ended up doing so. Asta went into the hospital for heart bypass surgery and ended up suffering a stroke. She is mostly blind because of it. At least for now. Stroke. Eeek. She looked like herself, only smaller and frailer as most people look in hospital beds. Sigh.


We ate out at Halsey's. A place I used to like. Not so much anymore. The food has become mediocre and the service remains iffy at best. Oh well. I will have to figure out where else to eat in Geneva if I am to spend most of the next year up there.


I had worked in the kitchen between the Asta visit and dinner - making the rest of the eggrolls and a smidge of coleslaw. I decided to freeze most of the 22 eggrolls for mom in packets of two. I hope she eats them! The coleslaw turned out excellently! Yum!

2 comments:

Cindi said...

not to be repetitive, but you are SUCH a good son.

Augustus said...

And you are sweet to say so - now, go find me a girlfriend! :)