Friday, February 18, 2011

Safely in Geneva

That is a good thing. And as is normal, no good deed goes unpunished. I was driving a back road up from Binghamton and a large truck drove past on the other side, throwing a rock at my windshield and giving it yet another crack. I think that makes five that it has sustained over the almost five years that I have owned the car. Recently, last summer, I think, I got a windshield repair kit and repaired the most egregious one. Since then, I think I have done two more. The last one being just today. Picture tomorrow. Well, a picture. Not before, during and after. Sigh.

Anyway, I drove up from Clayton and arrived in Ellicott City at about 4 pm. Traffic was slow leaving DC, but otherwise the trip was uneventful.

Why Ellicott City? Because that is where the designer for Diary of a Plate Addict lives. I am weird, but I really do like to meet people in person. So I opted to take this opportunity. We met at Blippy's, where she worked at one point. Nice little neighborhood bar. Her BF still works there. We had a great chat and went over some book things. Yippee!

Then I went and found a hotel in PA to sleep the night away. Yay sleep!

Here are the pictures:

My little pile of stuff to tuck in the trunk.


Snacks for the road. I would have liked some trail mix, but didn't manage to put my hands on any. :(


Oooh, clouds - taken through my car window as I was driving I think. I am a bad person for taking pictures while driving! But, it is better than texting while driving!!


I just loved the juxtaposition of the snow and the top down on the car!


I thought maybe we were in little Korea!

No comments: