Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Zip, Zoom, Zowie

I love the letter Zed (or Zee as we Americans call it). What a great looking letter! And the sound it makes (most of the time)! Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Love it!

Anyway, yesterday was a zip, zoom, zowie sort of day. I took Kelly back to her place in Connecticut and mom came along for the ride. It seemed to take a long time to get there. Mom was not comfortable in the back seat. Not surprising, actually. She doesn't like to take the backseat (if you get my drift...). But we did make it to CT eventually. We had planned on picking up a portrait that a family friend had done of Karl, but that didn't work out. So we just turned around and headed back to Geneva. Though the GPS had different plans. We didn't just turn around. For some reason, going back on 84 wasn't going to cut it, so again, it took us on a scenic route. I am not sure why one way's directions are good enough for that way, but not good enough to just go back on. But I do like my GPS and don't mind trying new routes. In fact, I like new routes, usually. This one wasn't so bad!

It made sense to me to make the return trip more of an adventure than it otherwise would have been because I had mom with me. That being said, I don't really know what sort of adventures mom now likes - she used to be very into museums and the like. Now, she just goes on my adventures with me. This adventure, to yet another brewpub. For those of you who don't know, I am working on a blog that will turn into a book perhaps, about brewpubs. I figured in a city the size of Albany, there had to be at least one brewpub. And I was correct. There are two. I went to the first one that popped up: C. H. Evans Brewing Company at the Albany Pump Station. I will post a full impression on my brewpub blog. Maybe even later today. We shall see. In a nutshell, it was a decent place that I might go to again, after I explore other places in the area.

The entire drive was really long, taking up much of the day, so I don't really have much to report. Maybe tomorrow will bring more excitement!

In all its glory!

Beautiful mackerel sky!

Random church spire picture...

No comments: