Friday, August 10, 2012

High Throttle Thursday!

From the title, one might think it was an intense Thursday. Nope, not really. Just fun with words. I like alliteration and this title came to me last night, so I thought I would use it. It was just a nice, fun, Thursday - but no alliteration there...

Got up and did my morning yoga. My right shoulder has been hurting off and on (mostly on) for the past couple of weeks. I am hoping it is just something that I did while working on the Opera. But I fear it is something more chronic. One guy mentioned the dreaded "rotor cuff" issue. Without health insurance (heck, even with health insurance) medical help is so expensive in this country. And I don't trust the medical community in general - mostly because they, like so many other "industries," are so money focused. Them - Oh, your shoulder hurts? Let's do 6 MRIs just because they are really expensive - no, they aren't really called for in this situation, but they make us a lot of money. Hmm. Nope, nothing on the MRI. I guess maybe you should just exercise it a little and see what happens. - Gee, thanks! Anyway, I will let it go for a while, as I don't really have much choice in the matter at this point. It still works, which is a good thing.

Who knew yoga would lead to a diatribe about health care?

After yoga, Kelly, my house guest, and I walked down to the farmer's market. I had never been before - it is odd and interesting that I often do things that I wouldn't normally do - but might like to - when I have a guest to do it with. It was pleasant enough. Not a huge farmer's market. It only happens on Thursdays during the productive weather months. We bought beets (not a huge fan, but they can be good occasionally), beans, and blueberries. Lots of "b" things. I saw Jay (who was in and worked on the opera) who raved about how wonderful the cast party was. Still not sad I missed it.

Back at home, it was lunch time. I treated myself to peanut butter and jelly! Yum! I don't have a lot of peanut butter and jelly. The jelly was grape, though I prefer Red Raspberry Jam - with seeds. Still yummy. Actually it was a good food day all around. For dinner, later, I cooked the beets and beans from the farmer's market, some corn on the cob and some italian sausage. Yippee!

In between lunch and dinner, we ran some errands. I got a board to place under mom's transfer chair for the shower. She is going to give it an inaugural try today. Sadly, I don't remember when last she took a shower. I am a bad caregiver. But I am all she has just now. Still no word from the County. I will call them next week and see where we are on the waiting list. But I digress. We went to the pharmacy, but my favorite pharmacist wasn't there. Oh well. They had already prepared mom's aricept, so we didn't need to make a second trip there. Yahoo! Then grocery shopping at Wegman's.

Back at the house, I continued my effort to get iAds into Flippety. I think I am almost there. I need to implement a few more methods I think before it will work. And I did nap just a little. Is it weird that drinking iced tea is making me sleepy? After dinner, Kelly and I headed downtown to Microclimate. She had a flight of Reislings. I had a couple of beers. One of them was from Kenya! Tusker Lager. Not exciting, but novel. I haven't had many beers from Africa. It was really crowded there, which is a mixed blessing. Good for them, bad for me. I don't like crowds all that much.

All in all a good, moderately busy day. Today, maybe Corning glass and other adventures. We will see what the day holds!

The Geneva Farmer's Market

Low tech measuring

Beets ready to bake (or roast)

Kelly and mom hard at work

Dinner!

Tusker lager

a wine flight


No comments: